Google mail not syncing

rahulthewall

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

This is a strange problem that seems to afflict my normal Google account (my two Google apps account work fine). I added the Google account as a Google account and as Exchange ActiveSync and the problem persists with both methods.

I set download new content -> as items arrive. However, the emails never arrive. Even manually syncing the emails does not work. To fetch the emails, I have to navigate to folders -> Gmail -> Inbox and then manually sync that folder to receive new emails. Whereas, my two google app accounts work fine (they are free accounts).

Could someone please help me in fixing this?

Thanks

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
Firmware: 1232.5957.1308.0003
OS Version: 8.0.10211.204

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Google syncing just seems to not work well with WP8. Google doesn't make it easy on MS so I set my gmail up to forward to my outlook account and that works perfectly for me.

rekkid

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I came in to the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem... if google was blocking access. Yesterday (May 1) I was only getting emails about every 3 hours... I would get about 20 at a time. They weren't time stamped all the same... it was spread out (as they should be). The account just wasn't pushing/receiving emails as they arrived.

Things were still acting up this morning... however while I was reading the forum, I started getting emails... 3 individual emails... all coming in at the date received time... meaning they were being "pushed" as they came in.

So... not sure if its just network related? google related or what.... but hopefully it stays. Weird whatever it was... I get my gmail on my iPad as well... and they were being pushed to that. but not my HTC 8x. Both were on the same wifi this morning. I rebooted my phone, and also updated this morning (AT&T pushed an update yesterday) but was still not getting "push" email until just a little while ago (just before 1pm EST)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers