How to download apps/games

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
How can I download apps without Wi Fi/ 3G? I've tried via push notifications but I just don't get it how it works.
This is what I get when I want to install.
11.png

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Does your phone support microSD? You can download the .XAP directly to your SD from desktop browser.

How do I install apps from an SD card? | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

I don't know if direct download from desktop browser to phone is really working as in WP7.*. Try to activivate Find my phone feature first in your phone(allow/switch location services on) and in windowsphone.com up in find my phone options you need to provide details as Country/Location and Mobile number you are using in your windows phone.

Last edited:

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok... My level of confusion is over 9000.
If I need Wi Fi to download apps/games, what is the purpose for "Find my phone" (see picture)? Just to browse on the web and get on phone? Really? That's it?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok... My level of confusion is over 9000.
If I need Wi Fi to download apps/games, what is the purpose for "Find my phone" (see picture)? Just to browse on the web and get on phone? Really? That's it?

Do you have cellular data turned on?

Do you have 3G data, 4G data, LTE data? What symbol do you see?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Push notifications from Microsoft have to be activated. And Lak611 it was 21 for me when I downloaded it a few minutes ago. Yup. Still showing up as such on my store. Not sure how it is different.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Maybe there is a 51+. Mine just changed to 20! This is weird. Now that brings the question why are there different sizes?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Message your email and I'll send you a screenshot of my 20MB change. I'd really like to know what they need that much change for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb