Will Windows Phone continue to avoid to make a File Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I really doubt Microsoft is even considering adding a file manager to WP8. I could be wrong (I hope I am), but it really doesn't seem to be a priority for them. Hell not even Xbox music and video are a priority to them, and they should be as well!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Phing77, I think this sums it up:
Most people do not need it.
None of us know if Microsoft will add the feature.
We get some people may not switch to WP because of it but there is nothing we can do.
Have you suggested it to Microsoft?
Anyone who needs this option will be better served going with iOS or Android until further notice.

Just a observation: might want to be a little less aggressive when responding on here.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
dude, we MUST learn from other platforms in order to make out OS perfect, otherwise, you'll be out of the race soon

So we need to spend our time to make Windows Phone be like android?

That makes sense. Lose the tiles guys! Lets get rows and columns of icons!

We are very much int he race. Thank you very much.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
i'm usually download content from other source like file hosting website but in WP no we can't, if i download a mp3 file from my "own" website i only able to play it i can't save it. Now let see on Android you need to have root access but on WP root is not possible so why not let's app has control over multimedia file and leave the system alone?

No! it's important to a lot people. not every people buy music from Xbox, not every one love using cloud base service( skydrive ) not everyone like to switch their app just to watch youtube video that already downloaded.
Are you saying No to updates being tested or no to being a hacker?
If you don't want to spend money on music, then you are on the wrong OS. You should of stayed with Android -- even Stevie Wonder can see that you are a Android fan, because everything you are wanting isn't on WP and you know this.

So my question to you is: why did you bother getting a WP for, if it didn't have what you wanted?

Furthermore, it doesn't bother me that I have to go into a Youtube app to watch downloaded videos -- end of they day you still have to open something, to watch it anyway.

Last edited:

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying No to updates being tested or no to being a hacker?

If you don't want to spend money on music, then you are on the wrong OS. You should of stayed with Android -- even Stevie Wonder can see that you are a Android fan, because everything you are wanting isn't on WP and you know this.

So my question to you is: why did you bother getting a WP for, if it didn't have what you wanted?

Furthermore, it doesn't bother me that I have to go into a Youtube app to watch downloaded videos -- end of they day you still have to open something, to watch it anyway.

hey! Does every music exist in the store??? and why did i get wp? i don't want to be rude but i never imagine that wp lack this basic feature!!!!

So we need to spend our time to make Windows Phone be like android?

That makes sense. Lose the tiles guys! Lets get rows and columns of icons!

We are very much int he race. Thank you very much.

dude! sound like you hate every OS beside WP

Phing77, I think this sums it up:
Most people do not need it.
None of us know if Microsoft will add the feature.
We get some people may not switch to WP because of it but there is nothing we can do.
Have you suggested it to Microsoft?
Anyone who needs this option will be better served going with iOS or Android until further notice.

Just a observation: might want to be a little less aggressive when responding on here.

thank for instruction, that's very professional answer :smile: let's see together in blue update

Last edited by a moderator:

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
hey! Does every music exist in the store??? and why did i get wp? i don't want to be rude but i never imagine that wp lack this basic feature!!!!

What a vague question, can you be more specific, like what genre?

I don't own Microsoft or Nokia. Therefore, you're not being rude -- I'm not a ******, and I'm certainly not a child, so no offence taken here mate.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
dude, we MUST learn from other platforms in order to make out OS perfect, otherwise, you'll be out of the race soon

Oh so lets copy everything from android and iOS, the result - Teribble fragmented OS with boring icons, outdated design and freedom*.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I don't own Microsoft or Nokia. Therefore, you're not being rude -- I'm not a ******, and I'm certainly not a child, so no offence taken here mate.

Not to mention, terribly worded. From what I've heard, Xbox Music has over 30 million songs. I haven't found a single published song or album that isn't available.

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just because Android or iOS have some features, does not mean WP can?t have them. Just because other OS have multiple volume settings means WP8 can?t have it? Should it remain like a rotary phone with a single volume dial? Should we give up pinch to zoom or swipe just because other OS had it first? Very immature attitude on some people here?

If I correctly recall there was a sticky post by Dave Blake that used to summarize the top features users wanted implemented in WP8. A file manager was one of them. The sticky appear to have been replaced by PART 2, and no longer has a summary.

People that use the phone as an entertainment device can likely live without one. Once you go beyond that it?s hard to do without a file manager.

Simple task: I want to take an email attachment, save it to the phone, and then re-attach it to an new email. May work for media and Office files, but won?t work for PDF or other type of files. For the PDF file, you need to open it, then separately go to the PDF app, open it, upload it to Skydrive, then you can email a link, but not a file. With other type of files, such as .dwg, you have no options.

I also have friends that won?t switch to WP for not having some (business useful) features, the File Manager being one of them.

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention, terribly worded. From what I've heard, Xbox Music has over 30 million songs. I haven't found a single published song or album that isn't available.

I don't own Microsoft or Nokia. Therefore, you're not being rude -- I'm not a ******, and I'm certainly not a child, so no offence taken here mate
Local music and some classical *in my region some of them only available in physical copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa