Redesigning the Windows Phone People Hub

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Why what? I find the story useless because i don't think it improves usability or makes it better looking. Frankly it looks like something put together quickly just to have something to put up on the site. Just my opinion.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks pretty good. Looks to add more functionality to the people hub. Rabid fanboys seem to think apps aren't needed with the people hub and OS integration. But there is no question that for those of us who, for lack of a better term, would be called power users, it severely lacks in features you could only do in the app.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Why what? I find the story useless because i don't think it improves usability or makes it better looking. Frankly it looks like something put together quickly just to have something to put up on the site. Just my opinion.

You do realize it's a forum post right? Nobody got paid to do this. And I'm asking why do you not think it improves the usability? Isn't getting more use out of your phone a good thing?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You do realize it's a forum post right? Nobody got paid to do this. And I'm asking why do you not think it improves the usability? Isn't getting more use out of your phone a good thing?

With the contact list part, I personally don't have a few different groups taking up space so I do see my first contacts unlike the example given. That said, seeing the first name or two doesn't really change the usability. Also, I personally like the big "People" look.

As far as the feed goes, looks-wise I think it is a draw. Usability wise, the example takes up a lot more space per post than what we have now.

I don't really see it as "getting more use out of your phone". Again, my opinion.

onedrummer2401

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
BB7 interface? ;)

How did he get those groups there in the "all" list. I vaguely remember this happening to me once. Is it when you make groups on outlook.com and sync it back to phone?
This is on WP7 that I took the screenshot from to edit it, I forgot about groups being moved to the "together" pane in WP8.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This is on WP7 that I took the screenshot from to edit it, I forgot about groups being moved to the "together" pane in WP8.

Your ideas are essentially spot on. People hub by default in WP8 shows you 2 contacts on front screen, yep just 2.

The biggest issues are the huge People text (it can be made smaller, if not as tiny as Settings). The "all" sub header (not much can be done here) but then the totally crazy "Me" mini-tile (this should probably be a panorama-pivot)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes