Is WP better at Photography?

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I'm a senior photography student and I rely heavily on my phone camera for most of my work.
At the moment I'm using a Motorola RAZR which shoots pretty well. My friend recently picked up a Lumia 920 and I was really impressed with the photo capabilities of the phone. It's got a great lens and great colour reproduction, which is something i dont have on my RAZR (at the moment I have to fix my cameras shortcomings in post processing) I really like windows phone and would switch in a heartbeat.

However I have to ask about the apps.

Android has some great camera apps, my favourite being Camera FV-5 which adds full dslr functionality to your phone camera (well as much functionality as a fixed lens can allow). Long Exposure, manual focus and custom modes and programs. It's great and really opens up the potential for great phone photography. I used my RAZR for my two final pieces last semester and they both turned out brilliantly.

Most of the camera apps ive found on the windows store do little more than add filters or allow basic level edits. Which is somewhat disappointing.

So this leads me to ask, despite the app trade off, is the L920 hardware worth it? (specifically camera wise) What have your experiences been? Has anyone here used their 920 in a professional photographic situation?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried ProShot for the Lumia 920? That near enough adds full DSLR functionality, and if it doesn't, the developer is working on it, and is very responsive here too. The camera is GREAT on it, well worth it.

Liam Perry

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried ProShot for the Lumia 920? That near enough adds full DSLR functionality, and if it doesn't, the developer is working on it, and is very responsive here too. The camera is GREAT on it, well worth it.

I actually hadn't found that app before but thats exactly the sort of app I was hoping to find! Looks like that fits
the bill perfectly then. Thanks!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually hadn't found that app before but thats exactly the sort of app I was hoping to find! Looks like that fits
the bill perfectly then. Thanks!

I use ProShot as well, I personally think that it's the best of the lenses that are available.

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I really like HTC 8x's wide angel shot feature. I have found a slew of camera filters I like. I do editing on my laptop. I have started using the phone for photos than my Canon camera since I always have it with me. The one problem with all phones is holding them still enough for a really clear shot.

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. I hope you enjoy the app! And thank you everyone for the recommendations. If anybody has any feedback, I'd love to hear it. Just use the "Send Feedback" link in the "Abt" panel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo