Just a thought on Nokia

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Suppose for a minute that Nokia and WP8 reach 7.5% or more market share globally. That Nokia starts making good money with WP8... What are the odds that Samsung will not enter WP8 if it becomes a profitable business? To me the WP only strategy of Nokia is loose / loose strategy. That is in my opinion also the reason that Samsung makes WP8 devices, to have the know how if there is money to be made. When that happens... Then what? Nokia is at best a puddle trying to charge a tiger.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I am pretty sure you mean lose lose not loose/loose. I understand where you are cming from with Samsung and thats a possible scenario but if Nokia keeps building the ecosystem and maintains the lions share of of the wp market worldwide Samsung could mbe really behind by the time they decide to get busy with WP and the public will see what their strategy is and reject or not widely accept their devices. In any event Nokia could very well have their coffers stoked and be much better off financially by the time that happens and it could be a horse race like is happening between android and apple. I foresee a win win situation for samsung and nokia and WP.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Suppose for a minute that Nokia and WP8 reach 7.5% or more market share globally. That Nokia starts making good money with WP8... What are the odds that Samsung will not enter WP8 if it becomes a profitable business? To me the WP only strategy of Nokia is loose / loose strategy. That is in my opinion also the reason that Samsung makes WP8 devices, to have the know how if there is money to be made. When that happens... Then what? Nokia is at best a puddle trying to charge a tiger.

If that ever happened, I think it would be worse for HTC, as they would be up s*it creek without a paddle.

Dazzi

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
HTC, not sure why they will not release a WP8 version of the One... Makes no sense to me.

I'm a Nokia fan, but I must say, the HTC One is the prettiest phone out to date. I'd get one tomorrow, if it was on WP8, and designed like their Chinese version (it has a metal removable back) -- if this was to happen, then it would be good for WP8 because Nokia and Samsung would step their game up.

Therefore, we has customers would benefit tremendously. 😁

However, if HTC doesn't bring something like the One, then they would be up s*hit creek regarding WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12