10-10-2016 01:27 PM
148 12345 ...
tools
    doesn't work for me
    I can only see conversation with Facebook account and not SMS !
    09-03-2013 08:54 AM
    Thanks! Buddy ! It works!
    09-04-2013 09:06 AM
    Sweet! This worked, basically,
    - login to outlook.com
    - click on messaging history
    - remove the "b" at the end of the URL
    - click on Arrange By
    - click on Conversation view

worked for me :) Thanks!
    I've tried and tried this "remove b"-thing every now and then, but it never worked. Now, this arrange by conversation worked for me. I didn't get back messages I've deleted from my phone, but got all the ones still in the phone.
    09-09-2013 07:16 AM
    None of the above worked for me but I just kept clicking around and trying different things and finally got them to appear.

Try clicking on this link and then go to view by -->conversation

https://blu154.mail.live.com/mail/In...alse&fav=false

This showed all of my text messages
    This worked for me too....
    welshdalek and Andris Bakk like this.
    09-09-2013 08:26 AM
    Just bull****. No text messages are ever backed up in cloud. At least for me. I have the setting on in my phone and in outlook, no matter what "b" tricks I try I can't see any of the text messages. Why is MS making this so hard or does their software just suck? With age old Nokia Suite you could easily see and browse all your text messages on your PC.
    09-19-2013 02:24 PM
    Hi all,

Haven't checked this thread in a very long time, sorry!

I actually also got this email too, from the Outlook team, but I realized that you can actually use this to your advantage. If you follow my instructions, you should be able to see all your texts in the "Messaging History" (if not, let me know the problem).

These are the instructions in the email I got..

Sooooo going forward from there, provided you can see your texts..you can actually select all of them and them move them to a new folder that you have created. Therefore, you don't have to keep deleting the "b" at the end of the url and you are free to see them whenever you want!

Here's a screen shot to what I mean
    Attachment 40324

As you can see, I have created a new folder called "Text Message History" and I have moved all my messages from the hidden "Messaging History" folder into something that I can now see and not worry if they ever remove the hidden glitch.

It might be obvious to some, but I thought it might be of some help to others
    Hey guy, i've done your instructions many time, but it still show up Facebook messages and MS team messages which had been sent directly to my hotmail :(( Last night be4 i reset my phone, i checked status of Text messages back up and it on and i rememberm it'd on for long time ago. to day after a hard reset, in the begin of restore, i chose back up in 30/9/2013 ( yesterday ) to restore, and no text messages restore for me.... so sadd :((
    09-30-2013 02:53 AM
    Trying to reply to Mr. ZoSo's comment:

I also moved all my messages from the hidden folder into one I can see, but my messages were ALSO deleted from my phone!! I moved them back into the Messing History folder, but they are not reappearing on my phone.
    I'm afraid that if I go into my phone's Settings and manually run the text message backup, it will delete all texts from the "Messaging History" folder since they aren't on the phone anymore (I would assume that what is on the phone takes precedence over what Outlook stores)

Outlook does not allow me to copy&paste my messages to another folder for safekeeping, it only moves them. How should I proceed?
    10-05-2013 07:10 PM
    I just did something that displayed all received text messages. Kinda. Well, let me explain. I was fiddling with categories on Outlook.com. You go to the bottom of the left column when on Outlook.com and under "Quick Views" you right click on any category and select "Manage Categories". Then, tick "Contacts" to let it appear in Quick Views.

I did this and voila, clicking on "Contacts" under "Quick Views" now brings up a mix of emails and text messages from, well, my contacts. The only thing is, I can't seem to open any of those texts. Well, I can open some of them (very few of them, actually). But they are there. There even was one unread text message I completely forgot about. I marked it as read and that synced with my Lumia instantly.

No fuss with URLs. It's semi-functional now. Try it and tell me if it works for you, I hope it does.

EDIT: if you want to read the entire text message, try forwarding it, it will let you see the entire text, it works for me.
    10-19-2013 05:45 PM
    Thank You so much!
    11-02-2013 05:28 PM
    I managed to get this working, but I then moved a lot of messages using Outlook.com from the Quick View folder to a new Text Message folder. However, they've disappeared from my phone. How do I copy them back to the phone, but keep them in my Text Messages folder as well?
    11-09-2013 04:26 AM
    Just bull****. No text messages are ever backed up in cloud. At least for me. I have the setting on in my phone and in outlook, no matter what "b" tricks I try I can't see any of the text messages. Why is MS making this so hard or does their software just suck? With age old Nokia Suite you could easily see and browse all your text messages on your PC.
    I have to agree, I've tried the URL trick and while I'm sure it does work, I think my SMS messages just aren't being backed up. This is probably related to the Microsoft synch error 80C805E2 which causes the Microsoft account not to synch emails and calendar items if the text message backup is enabled.

I'm not too sure why MS don't offer a simple mechanism for viewing the backups either. Sort of defeats the purpose of having a backup really, if someone is cautious enough to want to back up their data, surely they would like a way to confirm that it has worked. I'd really like to see a simple option to backup everything to file(s) either on the phone or on a computer.
    11-10-2013 06:20 PM
    Great..
    It Works..!!!
    11-13-2013 05:28 AM
    Hi there.
    Thank you so so much for this advice. It took me a while to work it but I finally managed to save the messages I wanted.
    When I have shifted the messages over it is only the messages that I have received - does anyone know if it possible to shift the messages I have sent as well??
    I just want to make sure that the message threads and conversations I have saved make sense.
    Thanks!!!!
    12-29-2013 01:10 AM
    Here's what worked for me:

1. Click Messaging History.
    2. In the address bar, delete everything after &fid= including the b. Mine was actually much longer than all the other examples.
    3. Press Enter

Hope this helps!
    01-04-2014 01:03 AM
    It doesnt bring service-messages back :(
    Like deals/offers/information messages, only normal text messages.
    Do you happen to know if these special messages are somehow able to bring back?
    01-14-2014 06:14 AM
    What if my URL doesn't have the &as=1?
    01-16-2014 10:17 PM
    01-16-2014 10:21 PM
    same here :-(
    01-16-2014 10:21 PM
    Well, I can't even see 'messaging history'. Anyone any idea why this is? Has this feature been removed?
    01-20-2014 08:36 AM
    I could see the text messages but all of a sudden it stopped but i can see pictures contacts etc...Why? Need quick answer..someone can help???
    02-08-2014 08:42 PM
    Sweet! This worked, basically,
    - login to outlook.com
    - click on messaging history
    - remove the "b" at the end of the URL
    - click on Arrange By
    - click on Conversation view

worked for me :) Thanks!
    Yeay ! This works for me...none of the previous did though, kept fiddeling with it though, and now I can see all my messages and move them into a seperate folder !

Only hasstle is the mails mingled with them...

I truly hope we can expect this to be officially implemented in outlook one day.
    02-10-2014 04:02 AM
    messaging history folder not showing
    02-25-2014 01:08 AM
    Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Finally, this worked for me!! Thanks!!!! :D
    I also took the advice to shift my text msg history to a new folder on outlook too!

...... Seriously, why do we need to go thru the hassle of reading countless threads / forums to find out the answer to backing up our SMSes??!?
    MICROSOFT NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP and save us the trouble! They should allow us to manually or via desktop apps, to SYNC or BACKUP our TEXTS etc TO OUR DESKTOP/PCs! >(
    03-02-2014 12:10 PM
    I think you might be missing the point of text backup. What it does do is restore all your text messages if and when you perform a hard reset. I personally can attest to the fact that restoring text messages works as advertised. I've done two hard resets and both times my texts were completely restored.
    03-02-2014 01:24 PM
    I think you might be missing the point of text backup. What it does do is restore all your text messages if and when you perform a hard reset. I personally can attest to the fact that restoring text messages works as advertised. I've done two hard resets and both times my texts were completely restored.
    Yeah that's fully correct. But I also think you are missing the point that Spedez was trying to communicate.
    He kind of meant we "should" be able to have some manual control over what we backup and restore...
    He is simply frustrated for lack of such control.

The feature implemented in WP currently only allows this kind of "blind" backup and restore, where we never even "see" what is being backed up, let alone give us a choice of what we want to restore and what we want to delete from the backup, etc...

For instance, a thread has been started here couple days ago about this, and ppl aren't able to delete some text messages from their backup that they don't want to see restored anymore...but because of the complete lack of such control, those unwanted texts, once backed up, keep coming back after each restore.

And I must agree with Spedez to some point, although there is not much we can do about it. Implementing a feature that can never even be visually confirmed, will eventually and innevitably cause issues.
    03-03-2014 10:17 AM
148 12345 ...