Wow look... View Text Message Backup in Outlook!?

MRKV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I can see MMS messages that I have sent but ones sent to me generate some error. There was a thread maybe a month or so ago that some people had managed to see the whole list of text backups in outlook. They are most certainly there but for some reason MS isn't allowing access to them...at least not intentionally.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I can see MMS messages that I have sent but ones sent to me generate some error. There was a thread maybe a month or so ago that some people had managed to see the whole list of text backups in outlook. They are most certainly there but for some reason MS isn't allowing access to them...at least not intentionally.

Found a way to view EVERY text message you have ever sent and recieved! It even shows them as unread if I havent opened the text message on my phone WOW!

In Outlook if you click 'messaging history' on the left hand side then look at the URL of that page...

should be similar to this...
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1#n=12345678&fid=b

If your remove the end bit after the &as=1 then press enter it suddenly shows all texts instead of your facebook and skype chats etc!
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1
(dont copy this URL because yours will be different)

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting!!! The unread text message I had unread that I hadn't opened yet... I opened it online and then the text message marked itself as read on my phone too!

MRKV

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have SMS set to backup and chat backup on but none of my sms messages are showing up only facebook chat.
Go to your messaging history in outlook and delete the last part of the url. The post above explains one way but when I check mine the url is completely different. I just ended up deleting the last part of the url and hit enter and it all showed up.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Found a way to view EVERY text message you have ever sent and recieved! It even shows them as unread if I havent opened the text message on my phone WOW!

In Outlook if you click 'messaging history' on the left hand side then look at the URL of that page...

should be similar to this...
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1#n=12345678&fid=b

If your remove the end bit after the &as=1 then press enter it suddenly shows all texts instead of your facebook and skype chats etc!
Code:
https://blu154.mail.live.com/?n=12345678&fid=&as=1
(dont copy this URL because yours will be different)
Wow nice find, buddy!

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I keep meaning to ask this somewhere...

When I log into outlook with my outlook email account I still see this at the bottom of the page:

[h=3]Get your XXXXX@outlook.com mail right in Outlook[/h]You can read and send messages from other email accounts without signing in to different places.

Why would it show me that when I am using that exact outlook account in outlook?

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get it to work, it tells me 110 messages but shows only 1 message from my Messenger.
If I delete that all the messages are gone.
Also if I try to add as=1 it starts the advance search.
Any other suggestions

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Go to your messaging history in outlook and delete the last part of the url. The post above explains one way but when I check mine the url is completely different. I just ended up deleting the last part of the url and hit enter and it all showed up.
I've tried with my url https://bay177.mail.live.com/default.aspx?n=12345678&fid=b but it isn't working. Still just shows me the facebook chats not sms or takes be back to my inbox if I delete too much.

geekahedron

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not working for me either, sadly. My facebook messages are all that show up no matter what I do to the URL. SMS Backup works, though, pulling data from the cloud to restore text history to my new phone, even though I can't see the messages in outlook.

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I got this to work. Here is what I did:

1. Click Messaging History.
  2. Press F6 (or click in the address bar)
  3. Press END
  4. Press BACKSPACE one time
  5. Press ENTER

This worked for me, and it should work for you. Note that once you do this, the Messaging History will no longer be highlighted, but you will in fact be seeing your messages. It seems as though emails are co-mingled.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I got this to work. Here is what I did:

1. Click Messaging History.
  2. Press F6 (or click in the address bar)
  3. Press END
  4. Press BACKSPACE one time
  5. Press ENTER

This worked for me, and it should work for you. Note that once you do this, the Messaging History will no longer be highlighted, but you will in fact be seeing your messages. It seems as though emails are co-mingled.
Nope still not getting sms messages in there.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
for me its working other way round... i could not see &as=1 in my address bar... so i added it in the URL and i am not able to see sms backup! Nice trick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786