Skydrive - microsd

Rauland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if skydrive stores it's content to the microsd card or does it store to the phones internal memory?
Thanks

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if skydrive stores it's content to the microsd card or does it store to the phones internal memory?
Thanks
it depends on what you have the phone set to do under phone storage. Also if it saves to the wrong place you can plug into a computer and move it.

Rauland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I must be doing something wrong:
- On my laptop I have skydrive installed and I copy an .mp3 file to the music folder.
- I then go to my phone/skydrive and its showing correctly in the music folder.

I then connect the phone to my laptop, I navigate to the music folder on my microsd card but the file isn't showing. I then go to internal storage, music folder but isn't showing there either.

(Under Settings/phone storage I have it configured so that both videos and music are stored to the SD card.)

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If it's on your SkyDrive it's stored on the cloud, it's not actually stored physically on your phone. If it was it would defeat the purpose of cloud storage.

Rauland

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the reply. The reason I was expecting it to download the contents to the phone is that this is the way it behaves, or at least it seems to, on the other desktop machines where I have skydrive installed. As soon as I add a folder/file it shows across all machines (it physically downloads the file).

Maybe for the phone it's an exception and only downloads contents (to a cache folder) on demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa