Windows Phone Blue

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi !

I just came a cross a blog saying that windows phone will also be upgraded to "BLUE" (similar to windows blue on desktop PC's). I'm just a little bit concern on this given the fact that Windows Phone is still Fresh. Will current gen of windows phone's be upgraded to Windows phone blue or it will be just windows phone 7.8 on 2010 win phone devices. (where they just add the feature of having different sizes of live tiles?

Thanks !:smile:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi !

I just came a cross a blog saying that windows phone will also be upgraded to "BLUE" (similar to windows blue on desktop PC's). I'm just a little bit concern on this given the fact that Windows Phone is still Fresh. Will current gen of windows phone's be upgraded to Windows phone blue or it will be just windows phone 7.8 on 2010 win phone devices. (where they just add the feature of having different sizes of live tiles?

Thanks !:smile:

What blog?
But my guess is based on what I've read is that current Windows Phone 8 devices, will go blue while 7.8 devices will not. But what blog are you reading?

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah sorry that's a typo error for much clearer. Will current windows phone go blue or just like on windows phone 7.8 which is partially windows phone 8 with the creation of the different live tiles sizes :)

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I dont want windows like pcs :( dont want the classic homescreen, just the menu with tiles as homescreen like windows phone has.

Last edited:

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I dont want the visual of windows desktop on mobile devices and tablets,like surface, i want something different, so... Smartphones and tablets with windows phone, desktops and laptops with windows 8... Like Apple... Mobile devices like iPhone and iPad with iOS and desktops like iMac with mac os... Do you think that Blue update will be equal for all devices? :s

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I dont want the visual of windows desktop on mobile devices and tablets,like surface, i want something different, so... Smartphones and tablets with windows phone, desktops and laptops with windows 8... Like Apple... Mobile devices like iPhone and iPad with iOS and desktops like iMac with mac os... Do you think that Blue update will be equal for all devices? :s

There is a report right now yesterday that windows blue is now being tested on LUMIA 920 AND THE 8X and probably the 820 as well

Divair

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
The entire point of the Surface is to be a tablet-laptop hybrid. Downgrading it from Wins 8 to WP would be an absolutely worthless move.

joelsilva

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone Blue and Windows Blue are two different things, but designed to bring the two platforms closer together.

Thanks God, don't mix desktop with mobile version... But surface would be more simple and not like a normal pc... I really love the w8 start menu, but not the classic desktop screen. The start menu could be the home screen. :p

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks God, don't mix desktop with mobile version... But surface would be more simple and not like a normal pc... I really love the w8 start menu, but not the classic desktop screen. The start menu could be the home screen. :p
By "W8 start menu" you mean the start screen right?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the same page as joelsilva, i wouldn't want a desktop style UI on my mobile device...im happy with the existing UI, just want the OS to be more refined.

I do like the concept of all devices (desktops/laptops/tablets/phone) being linked, unified...but still different enough to keep whats importance.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the same page as joelsilva, i wouldn't want a desktop style UI on my mobile device...im happy with the existing UI, just want the OS to be more refined.

I do like the concept of all devices (desktops/laptops/tablets/phone) being linked, unified...but still different enough to keep whats importance.
I totally agree. A desktop style UI on a smartphone would be a complete disaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99