You gotta read this review

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Nice read.

But this guy says iPhone 5 build quality is bad (which is true) but I heard a lot about 8X build quality issues.He didn't mention it anywhere.

Or Am I wrong ?

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As much as I dislike android (mostly for being Java based, but I am not without my share of gripes about the framework) I think it is unfair to judge it based on an OEM branded phone. Because much like WM, OEMs put their own horrible horrible software on it and give the platform a bad name. WM was an amazing OS! But all the average person saw of it was whatever crappy interface their carrier created. This literally killed WM for consumers.

I get that the average Joe doesn't have time to worry about roms and rooting, but they should understand that they technically aren't using "android" if the phone has been not just shackled, but maimed by carriers.

That said, I am of the opinion that the real android is quite bad and the fact that it doesn't adhere to UNIX standards quite irritates me. All the alleged "power" of the platform is really quite limited to developers and developers only. There is a lot you can do with it, but in my mind, when I heard "Linux based os" I thought I was getting the power of Linux. Not quite. In fact, WM being CE grants that platform enough versatility that I would argue a non developer has more power with WM over android...

Oh and nice review. :)
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

rob45

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had a 8X (Verizon) for 5 months (IPhone 4S previously). I have had no issues with this phone. I discover more features all the time. My wife has my old IPhone and I have to updated etc now and then. I have been surprised that after using the 8X the IPhone seems lame. You just start taking the cool 8X features for granted.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
As much as I dislike android (mostly for being Java based, but I am not without my share of gripes about the framework) I think it is unfair to judge it based on an OEM branded phone. Because much like WM, OEMs put their own horrible horrible software on it and give the platform a bad name. WM was an amazing OS! But all the average person saw of it was whatever crappy interface their carrier created. This literally killed WM for consumers.

I get that the average Joe doesn't have time to worry about roms and rooting, but they should understand that they technically aren't using "android" if the phone has been not just shackled, but maimed by carriers.

That said, I am of the opinion that the real android is quite bad and the fact that it doesn't adhere to UNIX standards quite irritates me. All the alleged "power" of the platform is really quite limited to developers and developers only. There is a lot you can do with it, but in my mind, when I heard "Linux based os" I thought I was getting the power of Linux. Not quite. In fact, WM being CE grants that platform enough versatility that I would argue a non developer has more power with WM over android...

Oh and nice review. :)
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

I would generally agree with the statement you made...if the phone he was referring to was considered sub-par. But its the S3, global success and considered an android flagship.

Meh, I had the S3 and have a Nexus 7....Android is sufficient at best in my books.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
This review is horrible! This guy needs to learn english before he writes reviews!
Also learning the device manufacturers name shouldn't be too hard, ITS WRITTEN ON THE GODDAMN PHONE!

The heck is "
Dr. Beats"? He's missing a "dre".
Couldnt get past the halfway mark. Maybe because i'ts 1:20am and im tired, but this "review" angers me.

James Baumgardner

May 4, 2013
Visit site
In his defense, he's not a phone reviewer - did you read any of his other blog posts? His knowledge lies in other areas. And I'm sure we can all forgive him for owning Beats headphones.

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to reboot my OneX at least once a DAY.
We aren't talking about that. We are talking about the Nexus 4.The Nexus 4 and HTC One are one of the fastest and smoothest phones iPhone 5 and lumina 920 are just as smooth.Also I somehow don't believe you when you say you had to reboot it everyday.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
We aren't talking about that. We are talking about the Nexus 4.The Nexus 4 and HTC One are one of the fastest and smoothest phones iPhone 5 and lumina 920 are just as smooth.Also I somehow don't believe you when you say you had to reboot it everyday.
Android always seems fast the day you get it. But open a few apps and put a few widgets on your home screen and it becomes the Android we are all used to. iPhone 5 is definitely better but not as consistently fast as WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05