Different vibrations for Lumia 720, 620 and 520?

Rishabh1995

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys the other day I was just checking out the new WP 8 lineup from Nokia at the store and oddly enough the navigation-button vibrations of the devices didn't feel the same. The 'lower' Lumias (520, 620 and the 720) had a different vibration when compared to the higher 820 and 920 models. Their vibrations felt more like a 'buzz' than the 'click' normally in 820 and 920. Why has Nokia done that? It completely ruins the incentive of having a 720 as the buzz vibrate is extremely annoying and it really feels like a vibrate in an inexpensive cellphone... :/

What are your thoughts?

Rishabh1995

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Its the little things like this that add up to a great experience.

I agree, and in the long run these small things really matter. What I don't understand is after bringing all the amazing high-end software to their low cost phones why has Nokia compromised on this small bit (especially when it is such a huge part of the interaction between a user and the phone).

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you, My 620 has a stronger haptic vibration than my friends 820 as well as 900. It's just a minor thing anyway :)

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite get what you guys are saying here. If I'm reading this thread right, you're complaining that the cheaper, lower end devices like the 520, 620 and 720 don't have as good haptic feedback on the nav keys as the more expensive, higher-end devices like the 820 and 920!

umm....maybe that's why the 520, 620 and 720 are LESS expensive - they don't have the same high-quality hardware as the 820 and 920. They have slower processors, lower res screens, less memory, and yes!...omg...not so refined haptic feedback.

Rishabh1995

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't quite get what you guys are saying here. If I'm reading this thread right, you're complaining that the cheaper, lower end devices like the 520, 620 and 720 don't have as good haptic feedback on the nav keys as the more expensive, higher-end devices like the 820 and 920!

umm....maybe that's why the 520, 620 and 720 are LESS expensive - they don't have the same high-quality hardware as the 820 and 920. They have slower processors, lower res screens, less memory, and yes!...omg...not so refined haptic feedback.

Yes, I am complaining about that exactly. But I request you to not take my bickering out of context. What I am trying to say is that when Nokia has really worked hard on providing even the low end devices with high end features (Clearblack display, HAAC mics et all) why did they hold back on putting a better haptic feedback ESPECIALLY when its such a big part of the user experience? (I would say that it is as significant as the Clearblack display and much more important than stuff like NFC in the long run)

I am complaining about this because I'm planning to buy a new phone for Mom but the dingy haptic feedback just keeps being the major turnoff.

Also, does anyone have any idea whether this can be fixed with an update or something like that?

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
What I am trying to say is that when Nokia has really worked hard on providing even the low end devices with high end features (Clearblack display, HAAC mics et all) why did they hold back on putting a better haptic feedback ESPECIALLY when its such a big part of the user experience? (I would say that it is as significant as the Clearblack display and much more important than stuff like NFC in the long run)

When compromises need to made a line has to be drawn somewhere. Your thing is haptic feedback. So yes, Nokia could have put in better haptic feedback and left out NFC in the 620 and 720. You'd be happy, but someone else would be saying, "how come they left out such an essential feature...". If haptic feedback is that important to you, then the 820 should be the phone to look at. Of course it's more expensive, but I guess you gotta pay more if you want all the killer features - at least that would probably be Nokia's position.

Onslaughta

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a way to disable this, it really annoys me even though it's minor. And as someone stated it's all the little things like this that add up to great user experience

Rishabh1995

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a way to disable this, it really annoys me even though it's minor. And as someone stated it's all the little things like this that add up to great user experience
I think the developments in the Windows Phone world in recent history has all been because of Nokia... Microsoft seems to be lacking in its approach towards solving basic problems of Windows Phone users. Basic customization is the least they can offer.

Now when I look back, it seems as if Nokia was the one doing the hard job while Microsoft sat and introduced just one more new tile size.

P.S. - I am probably so biased because I'm a WP7.x user and the 7.8 update was ape**** and filled with bugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel