So right now I have a wp7 and can use zune software. But I heard that once I get a wp8 I have to use the xbox music app? I hate that thing... It is so unorganized in my opinion. So is this true??
    05-12-2013 03:36 PM
    Yup, no more Zune on wp8
    05-12-2013 03:41 PM
    Yup, no more Zune on wp8
    dang, I hope microsoft makes the app usable by the time i get the lumia 928 lol.
    05-13-2013 02:10 AM
    Don't really understand everyone's hatred of XBM. Save for the fact that you can't easily create playlists from the phone and a few other niggles, I think it's damn near perfect.
    Practically any song you can imagine at your fingertips, for streaming or DL, complete with artwork and even bio(!) in crystal clear audio.

I had absolutely no intention of buying a year sub when I got my WP8, but the 30-day trial changed my mind very quickly. What was so much better about Zune?
    neo158 likes this.
    05-13-2013 06:54 AM
    Don't really understand everyone's hatred of XBM. Save for the fact that you can't easily create playlists from the phone and a few other niggles, I think it's damn near perfect.
    Practically any song you can imagine at your fingertips, for streaming or DL, complete with artwork and even bio(!) in crystal clear audio.

I had absolutely no intention of buying a year sub when I got my WP8, but the 30-day trial changed my mind very quickly. What was so much better about Zune?
    Zune had the same Zune pass - nothing has changed in terms of audio quality or amount of songs you can access.

What has changed is:

• Fiddly playlists
    • Lag in the Xbox hub
    • Green ugly live tile instead of beautiful Zune tile
    • Fiddly interface both on PC and Phone
    • All those niggles we've been over a few thousand times
    • the UX and UI are key on WP and they are screwed with this transition.

Having said that, I completely believe GDR2 or GDR3 will make this more seamless and pleasant experience. I have patience so I am fine, but others may have different opinions.
    martinmc78 likes this.
    05-13-2013 07:30 AM
    Not to mention the 10000 songs I purchased back from Zune that I can't play a single one on my wp8, so I really do hope they fix this issue. For now my Zune 120 is keeping me going.
    05-13-2013 11:22 AM
    Really, all the music I have through Zune plays fine on Xbox Music, granted I do use Windows 8 as well but it shouldn't be a problem!!!
    05-13-2013 12:48 PM
    Really, all the music I have through Zune plays fine on Xbox Music, granted I do use Windows 8 as well but it shouldn't be a problem!!!
    I keep getting the DRM issues a lot of people are talking about, spent hours online and on the phone with support. They have put me onto an escalation team. That was in January and I still can't listen to MY music, so think you are a lucky one.
    05-13-2013 04:23 PM
    I keep getting the DRM issues a lot of people are talking about, spent hours online and on the phone with support. They have put me onto an escalation team. That was in January and I still can't listen to MY music, so think you are a lucky one.
    That's very odd Having said that I do use Windows 8 and have all my music synced to the cloud through Xbox Music on my PC, not sure if that makes a difference though. Have you tried resetting the DRM components on your machine, that usually fixes it?
    05-13-2013 05:31 PM
    I have tried everything, it will fix some things, but then other problems arise. Then I have to deal with multiple tracks again. Its not worth my time. Waiting for a fix, and if one doesn't come soon, I'm afraid I'm at my wits end with x box music.
    05-13-2013 06:00 PM
    I had the DRM issues too until I changed to Nokia Music, which has some advantages (and disadvantages) compared to Xbox Music
    other than that, the tile is really really beautiful!
    05-13-2013 07:36 PM