Why are people so dissapointed? Lumia 925 & 928

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone lacking features is nothing to do with Nokia, that's MS's fault. Neither is instagram not being on WP Nokia's fault either. Nokia releasing handsets frequently is a good thing, gets attention, exposes them to new users and attracts more consumers, and is much better than having silence in the WP camp while a new android device is launched every week. Anything else speak to Microsoft, they are the ones not updating the OS fast enough.

It woudld be awesome if MS hands the OS to Nokia!!!! That will,improve the features and apps and everything so quickly..

Araslan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The 32GB?? And the White?? Humm I don't want to be picky, but can you show me the link (source).. Just want to make sure....

You're right about the storage. Won't comment on colour because i don't know myself. The 32gb will be exclusive to voda while others will be 16

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You do realised that 925 and 928 are carrier variant cater to Verizon and Vodafone repectively right?
If you paid couple of million for an exclusive to Nokia will you ask them at least to do a press conference?

Apple didn't do a press conference for Verizon when they got the iPhone, and I suspect that was much bigger news than the 928 is.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
generally in sales, a car, truck, or any object for sale with a higher number means more of something, wether it is size, options, or pricepoint

since there is so much confusion from wp fans that have experience with both nokia and microsoft, it might be a good idea to rethink the current numbering scheme.

both new, and current customers would benefit from this.

Araslan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Pav that's because apple was and still is a major player, one of the top dogs everyone already knew the iphone was going to verizon

Wight due respect, nokia and wp is not yet currently

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone lacking features is nothing to do with Nokia, that's MS's fault. Neither is instagram not being on WP Nokia's fault either. Nokia releasing handsets frequently is a good thing, gets attention, exposes them to new users and attracts more consumers, and is much better than having silence in the WP camp while a new android device is launched every week. Anything else speak to Microsoft, they are the ones not updating the OS fast enough.

Well let's clear something up first. I never said Nokia was at fault for anything. The question was what are people disappointed, I gave my reasons. Simply put I don't believe the 925 does anything for the ecosystem. You basically have a 920 (unless on Vodafone, less RAM) with a fancy shell and slighty better camera software with botched wireless charging system using an ugly cover. I don't see the value, sorry.

Next, yes I know that a lot of the issues concerning the OS is all on MS as I stated.

Lastly, the only reason I brought up Instagram, aside from it still missing, was the fact that Nokia had their app #2Instawithlove and there was maybe hope that they may have announced it as an exclusive on the Lumia, like they did with Oggl and other apps. That's all I was implying. So yes a disappointment.

We have an ecosystem that is almost 9 months old, we're still missing top apps, top games and there's the stupid issues with Google. Yet Nokia decides we need another handset to add the already too many models they have. Yes, I'm disappointed.

How do you keep Windows Phone in the public? It's called adversting and marketing. Showcase what you have. This is not being done.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well let's clear something up first. I never said Nokia was at fault for anything. The question was what are people disappointed, I gave my reasons. Simply put I don't believe the 925 does anything for the ecosystem. You basically have a 920 (unless on Vodafone, less RAM) with a fancy shell and slighty better camera software with botched wireless charging system using an ugly cover. I don't see the value, sorry.

Next, yes I know that a lot of the issues concerning the OS is all on MS as I stated.

Lastly, the only reason I brought up Instagram, aside from it still missing, was the fact that Nokia had their app #2Instawithlove and there was maybe hope that they may have announced it as an exclusive on the Lumia, like they did with Oggl and other apps. That's all I was implying. So yes a disappointment.

We have an ecosystem that is almost 9 months old, we're still missing top apps, top games and there's the stupid issues with Google. Yet Nokia decides we need another handset to add the already too many models they have. Yes, I'm disappointed.

How do you keep Windows Phone in the public? It's called adversting and marketing. Showcase what you have. This is not being done.
How many times does people like you need to realize that 925 was intend for Vodafone and sale at anywhere else is a bonus?
Why did you not cry foul of 928 being hardware lock down to one single network?
Get over it. The only thing 925 missing is the wireless charging. Everything else is equal and a new camera for a its unique feature.
If you are not a customer to the Vodafone and decided not to love 925 then fine, get a 920 or any other phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How many times does people like you need to realize that 925 was intend for Vodafone and sale at anywhere else is a bonus?
Why did you not cry foul of 928 being hardware lock down to one single network?
Get over it. The only thing 925 missing is the wireless charging. Everything else is equal and a new camera for a its unique feature.
If you are not a customer to the Vodafone and decided not to love 925 then fine, get a 920 or any other phone.

The 928 was a requirement of Verizon. A somewhat stupid US carrier requirement because Nokia is 'unkown' and has no clout in the US so has to make special handsets for the US carriers otherwise the 920 would have been everywhere instead of all the varriants. So as much as I think the 928 along with all the other varrients are stupid I do realise it has nothing to do with Nokia.

I own a 920, thanks. Which is why I have opinions, which I'm entitled to. I am just stating them. If you don't like it, fine. I don't see the value in the 925 as part of the ecosystem. Simple. Shall we move on?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
People are expecting new stuff from Nokia in the middle of the year. Since WP7, flagships have been launched in the fall. The HTC Titan 2 was a refresh and the Lumia series was launched whenever because Nokia got on board late - they had to pick AT&T as exclusive.

The real 92X successor cometh in the fall. The 925 and 928 are just mere exclusives. Yes, people are pissed about the 16GB storage, so am I, but Nokia has to get handsets out there because they don't have the clout in the US fully to pull a Samsung with their Galaxy Series.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Nokia as a whole are a flop in Canada, they don't release any of their phones on our largest carrier. They're the only company who doesn't.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Pav that's because apple was and still is a major player, one of the top dogs everyone already knew the iphone was going to verizon

Wight due respect, nokia and wp is not yet currently

I agree. I guess what I was saying is that if the biggest phone going to the biggest (U.S.) carrier doesn't warrant a manufacturer press conference, why does the 928/925 going to those carriers warrant one?

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Because Nokia have gone backwards on two important areas that make the Lumia 92* line up, being wireless charging for one thing which doesn't come out of the box, and they halved the on board storage capacity with no micro SD slot ? This is why people are disappointed. They have gone backwards in these two aspects and arguably the 925 and 928 don't look as nice as the L920 yet they are still charging the same price for them as the L920 when it came out.

Araslan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why are people so dissapointed?

I agree. I guess what I was saying is that if the biggest phone going to the biggest (U.S.) carrier doesn't warrant a manufacturer press conference, why does the 928/925 going to those carriers warrant one?

Fair point :)

Because Nokia have gone backwards on two important areas that make the Lumia 92* line up, being wireless charging for one thing which doesn't come out of the box, and they halved the on board storage capacity with no micro SD slot ? This is why people are disappointed. They have gone backwards in these two aspects and arguably the 925 and 928 don't look as nice as the L920 yet they are still charging the same price for them as the L920 when it came out.

But have gone forward in camera performance and software. In the 928's case, also improved in audio playback and audio recording

JustToClarify

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why are people so dissapointed?

Nokia was teasing 41 MP camera (14th May 4 messages 1 missed call etc.) and what they showed is redesigned 920, that's why people are dissapointed, rightly so.

It's like Apple would tease iPhone 6 with IP6 symbols allaround and what they would show is IP5S with different colors and another row of icons.

How do you know that it will come, and with those features? ??

Except he doesn't, but for some reason wants to leave impression that he does.

berrywr

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
There are many, many Windows Mobile, Windows Phone 7.x, and likely more than a few Windows Phone 8 "loyal" users who really feel like Microsoft and specifically AT&T have just put the screws to a very loyal bunch of folks in regards to their platform. I read a cool quote the other day that in the United States where you think everything is free, by that I mean a free country, capitalism, creativity and the sky's the limit...you'd think that our devices would not be so incredibly locked down and the reality is they are! I have been on the fence in regards to updating to Windows Phone 8 but I own two Titan (Eternity) devices...both HSPL and Interop/Developer Unlocked and it boils down to what apps will perform without fail on WP8 that might via 3rd party (Homebrew) on WP7.8 custom roms and configurations. Skype simply isn't perfect on WP8 and that for me is a major, major sticking point; it has to work flawless. Something is wrong when I pull out my HTC Rhodium load Skype 3.0 for Windows Mobile 6.x and Pandora and they both work and yet where's the love for Windows Phone 7.x users? I have to use Metro-Talk for my VoIP, I have to use Metro-Radio for my Pandora app. Yes, WP8 has more "branded" apps available but what I need has to run in background flawless; I'm not convinced WP8 does that...maybe WP9...who knows. I do not understand why our devices and OS have to be so incredibly locked down when there is a community like XDA which it make perfect common sense for Microsoft and carriers to embrace and they don't. I read WP8 is not the 3rd biggest mobile OS...like 3 point whatever percent is a major achievement when Android and iOS are pulling 95% combined; yep, #3 alright.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess I expected more. Yea, the lumia 928 is $99 on contract(same price as the 920) but, I don't roll that way. The 928 full contact price is $499.99 as the 920 is $449.99. It's more.

I really think Microsoft put a ban on MicroSD slots on high end models, no high end device has one (the Samsung ATIV S is a different story in the US). I really wanted to see more than the 928 offers, 32gb with only 23gb usable when you get the phone(according to a post). The 925 with only 16gb and no built in wireless charging is a joke. Sure, the design looks good but, function over form, at least in my eyes.

yea, I know it's like going from a iPhone 4 to a 4s...but for more money, I expected more.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nokia as a whole are a flop in Canada, they don't release any of their phones on our largest carrier. They're the only company who doesn't.

Sent from my (fill in the blank) phone using (fill in the blank software)
If Fido is included with Rogers, then Rogers is the largest carrier in Canada.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)