Restoring still impossible!!

VictorOnrust

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a HTC 8X in stead of 8S and was anticipating a nice restore of my old settings and apps. *not*, because you cannot set your WiFi before logging in to MS and there is no manual "restore". And as I searched around, MS does not do anything about it. I wonder what a nice and probably influential site like wpcentral could do about giving this issue some priority in fixing...

VictorOnrust

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
If you have read the forums you would know this does not work either most of the times, as a lot of providers do not switch "data on" from the simcard and you have to apply settings and some users don't have or want dataconnection and rely on WiFi. Anyway it is so stupid not to allow a user to restore his own settings at his own will. In fact it's fascist.

kalo88

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My network doesn't auto add the APN settings so I have to manually add them if I change phones... which means the back up will NEVER work for me.

Why they can't just add a section into Settings > Back up with a button that says 'Restore Settings'

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just had this problem with my wife's 820, I was saying how good the backup feature worked for me but because the phone by default has the wrong setting selected you have to get to the start screen then settings change the APN by then its too late to do the back up. I had to go to Windows Phone online and click on the apps to reinstall. Sort it out MS

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
i guess if you skip sign in at first.
start the device. connect to wifi. and then go to email+accounts and sign in with you MS account, you should be good to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos