Is there a tethering app for WindowsPhone?

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The 928 is just around the corner, so I decided to do a quick search for tethering app options for the Windows phone.

Didn't find any!

I rarely need to tether (or use my phone as a wifi), but when I do, I really need it... usually just for a few megabytes of work.

So, am I missing something? Is it common knowledge that Windows phones lack such an app?

Thanks for any info you have

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Tethering is built in, it just depends on if your plan is setup to allow it. Go to "Settings" and then "Internet SHaring" when you get your phone.

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
oh man... without even asking, I would be stunned to learn that Verizon allows tethering!

So, perhaps the answer is "no" then?... or is there a aftermarket app that can make it happen (as with Android)?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
oh man... without even asking, I would be stunned to learn that Verizon allows tethering!

So, perhaps the answer is "no" then?... or is there a aftermarket app that can make it happen (as with Android)?

Huh? Verizon allows tethering with the share plan.

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to determine if I have the share plan or not.... there are three phones on my account, so I'll have to check. I'm not totally aware of the various plans.
(I'll also need to check that, if they do allow tethering, that they don't take me off of my unlimited data.)

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you pay full retail price for your 928, you get to keep your unlimited plan which is not a shared plan and don't allow tethering. If you pay subsidized price for your 928, there is no way they will let you keep the unlimited data.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
LOL I spent a whole evening looking for that stupid hotspot app! They've made it so simple it went right past me.
Seriously, though, I hadn't read anything about that. If you're not used to WP it's really easy to miss. They could have pointed that out to me at the shop!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon