Task App - Outlook.com Sync? And/Or why can I not get sync working with Office 365?

DGalt11

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Simple goal - have a live tile that shows my Tasks that I enter into Outlook.com or Outlook 2013 (from Office 365 Home Premium). I know that the Calendar app live tile supposedly does this, but 1. for whatever reason that doesn't seem to be working (tasks show up in the app itself, but not on the calendar) and 2. even if they did show up, it would only be at their due date. I'm someone, though, that keeps a running list of just general things that need to get done without specific deadlines, which essentially means all I want is a tile with a few of the items in that list (the top ones, or the highest priority ones if that's possible).

Now, there are several Task apps that can do this, but I've so far been unsuccessful in configuring any of them (none of the like the m.hotmail.com server address that comes up in Outlook, and I'm at a loss of what exactly is supposed to go in that field if not that). If anyone has any input on why I can't get this to work I'd appreciate it.

Short of getting those to work, though, does anyone know of an app that simply will sync with your outlook.com tasks? I've looked all over but none seem to, which is pretty surprising to me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The calendar on WP8 is horrible to say the least. Have you tried using another calendar app like Chronos? Chronos Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
I had the free version but my phone bricked and I haven't bothered to get it again as I don't really need something that extensive but it appears you may get use out of it. I'm hoping the WP update later this year will fix the crap calendar for people like me who need just basic functions.

DGalt11

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Chronos doesn't seem to support Tasks either, although it has some other nice features.

I would like to use Tasks (the app), but I cannot figure out how to set it up to sync properly

DGalt11

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Will this work with Office 365 Home Premium though? The dev in there only indicates support for P1, which is one of the small business versions. I think I'm running into issues because I do not have access to a true exchange server, but I could certainly be wrong about that.

DGalt11

May 17, 2013
Visit site
just to make 100% sure, you are using Office 365 Home Premium, right?

That server URL seems to work (or, at least, it is some type of exchange server), but now I'm getting a "Username and/or password invalid." error

Although this may be some issue with my account, since I get an error when trying to log into Office 365 at https://portal.microsoftonline.com

Edit: But I'm not sure, once again looking around all I can find is information on Office 365 for enterprise / small business

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I have an Office 365 account subscription but my outlook is under a live.com account. I couldn't get the server right, then I tried the suggested server here, now I get a username and password error.

thanks.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for a serous task app that tracks both causal personal tasks and more rigorous "project" tasks, based on a template of tasks, that are then customized for each project. Syncing with Outlook and Office 365 P1 is needed too.

So far, I haven't found what I need. Developers?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have been using the to do applet in the built in calendar but it does not sync I also use the tasks in my desktop Outlook 2007 which wont synch either. I am thinking about going with Office 365 small business premium which is 150.00 a year or 15 a month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720