Multiple Mail Accounts

Happyslug

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have 4 email accounts which have all been setup on my Lumia 920.

From the home page when I click o the mail logo - it takes me to the inbox of the default email account.

I cannot see anyway to switch between each email account.

I can 'link' the 4 email accounts - but I don't want to do this. Sure, this shows emails from all 4 accounts but jumbled together. Now when I create a new email it asks me which account to send it from.

But that's not what I want.

I have just come from an Iphone - which seperated out the accounts into seperate inbox

Is this achievable in Windows 8?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 email accounts which have all been setup on my Lumia 920.

From the home page when I click o the mail logo - it takes me to the inbox of the default email account.

I cannot see anyway to switch between each email account.

I can 'link' the 4 email accounts - but I don't want to do this. Sure, this shows emails from all 4 accounts but jumbled together. Now when I create a new email it asks me which account to send it from.

But that's not what I want.

I have just come from an Iphone - which seperated out the accounts into seperate inbox

Is this achievable in Windows 8?

Take your iPhone hat off and your silo'd experience and THROW it away.

To switch between different accounts, you click on the different Live Tiles. What I would do is rename all your emails like #Yahoo and #Outlook. So that way if you do not want to pin them to your start screen, to switch you just tap the Windows key, swipe right and they are all listed right there.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can look on your alphabetical programs list and it shows the name of each email account. You can, of course, pin those to the start screen. You don't say what email accounts you have, but personally, I run pop accounts through Outlook.com and set them to come in as they arrive. You can see these accounts in your main Microsoft email account under the menu buttons, and then folders. You can then pin each pop account from MS account to the main screen. Getting email as it arrives, is better on battery life.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting question. I have been spoiled by this feature in GMail also. I have separate accounts for separate needs and love the way Google did it. I also have setup separate Outlook.com accounts hoping to do the same with WP8.

I guess I can do the pin to home fix if it can't be done internally with Outlook app like GMail. I plan on moving all my mail to Outlook except for my Verizon account.

Last edited:

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
if you linked to the universal inbox, click the slider drawer at the bottom, go to folders and you can select the inbox for only the mail account you want to see.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I run pop accounts through Outlook.com and set them to come in as they arrive. You can see these accounts in your main Microsoft email account under the menu buttons, and then folders. You can then pin each pop account from MS account to the main screen. Getting email as it arrives, is better on battery life.

Can you send answers to those pop e-mails accounts downloaded trough outlook.com, using the corresponding e-mail address, in the WP8 mail app?

For example:
- Have a POP account from yahoo downloaded at Outlook.com. Then answer the emails you receive from that account using the same address(yahoo, not outlook.com).

I know that you can do this in outlook.com, but I couldn?t do it at the WP8 mail app.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you send answers to those pop e-mails accounts downloaded trough outlook.com, using the corresponding e-mail address, in the WP8 mail app?

For example:
- Have a POP account from yahoo downloaded at Outlook.com. Then answer the emails you receive from that account using the same address(yahoo, not outlook.com).

I know that you can do this in outlook.com, but I couldn?t do it at the WP8 mail app.

What if you set the reply address on that account as the Yahoo email? Login can still be to MS. Does it allow you to send like that?

Happyslug

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I've tried clicking Windows key and swiping right but not joy.

Also I don't want a tile for each of the mail boxes as this would take up too much space

I have found a way though - i click on the email tile and it brings up the default email. Then the ribbon at the bottom I can flick it up, select 'folders', then select the relevant inbox.

It's a bit long winded.

But is so far the only annoyance I've found moving from my "solo'd" experience ;)

There's a lot to like about Windows 8 - mainly the way it handles People, the feed from social networking (which was awful on Iphone) and the ability to group contacts into groups (amazed this is not on iphone)

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
you know what I just thought up.....In order to make the universal inbox more specific, when you get an email from whatever account sends you a new email, the live tile (aside from having the counter) should flip to the icon of the email account (if its from yahoo, it'll flip to its y logo, if its google, it'll flip to the g logo, if its outlook/Hotmail it'll flip to the outlook logo, if its some custom one (say a work email), it should flip showing the name of the account). If its multiple emails from different accounts, it should just flip amongst all of them randomly.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I

Also I don't want a tile for each of the mail boxes as this would take up too much space

Really? I have 4 inboxs setup on my phone as well, each has their own tile and picture so i can distinguish which is for each and how many new emails there are in each. For me, the tiles are a simple link...the main screen is purposely there to quickly scan all of your data. Its obviously your choice in the end, but your new method of having to open via folders sounds like a hassle.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
What if you set the reply address on that account as the Yahoo email? Login can still be to MS. Does it allow you to send like that?

The problem with that system is that:
- I don?t want people to see the xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.onmicrosoft.com address when they receive the e-mail. It?s very long, and also confuses people.
- You can only set only one "reply address", while I have several POP accounts in the outlook web app.

Thanks anyway for the idea :)

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've tried clicking Windows key and swiping right but not joy.

You can make them tiny tiny...and 4 take up the space as 1 'normal' size one.

I have found a way though - i click on the email tile and it brings up the default email. Then the ribbon at the bottom I can flick it up, select 'folders', then select the relevant inbox.

Yep, I never knew that until Squachy said it. That is pretty slick!!! Glad you asked the Q, haha.

But is so far the only annoyance I've found moving from my "solo'd" experience ;)

I said "silo" as in a farm silo. I don't hear that term thrown around much anymore but that is how WP was described as being different when it was first released. Examples of the WP non-silo experience would be EXACTLY what you mentioned with how it deals with "People". Where as on the iPhone if you want to find out info on someone you have to go to the Facebook Silo and start drilling down into it.

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Take your iPhone hat off and your silo'd experience and THROW it away.

To switch between different accounts, you click on the different Live Tiles. What I would do is rename all your emails like #Yahoo and #Outlook. So that way if you do not want to pin them to your start screen, to switch you just tap the Windows key, swipe right and they are all listed right there.

And how do you rename those tiles??

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Really? I have 4 inboxs setup on my phone as well, each has their own tile and picture so i can distinguish which is for each and how many new emails there are in each. For me, the tiles are a simple link...the main screen is purposely there to quickly scan all of your data. Its obviously your choice in the end, but your new method of having to open via folders sounds like a hassle.

Ok, I just added another alias to my MS account. Right now I get the same email in each email account. How can I set up my different email addresses so that only the email sent to that specific email address, receives the email?

Example, email sent to account X does not go to Y and Z. Email sent to Y does not go to X and Z.

If I link them, then I get the same email multiple times.

Having 3 tiles to represent each email address is fine. Heck even linking them into one tile would be ok, provided the emails only appeared one time.

Thanks.

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Use email rules to receive each acount unduplicated & subscribe to an smtp server to send from each email address. Just search
smtp server service.

Sent from my RM-846_apac_indonesia_217 using Tapatalk

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Use email rules to receive each account unduplicated & subscribe to an smtp server to send from each email address. Just search
smtp server service.

Sent from my RM-846_apac_indonesia_217 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing the "email rules to receive each account unduplicated" has to be accessed from a computer?

And I'm not really interested in subscribing to a service. I would like to manage all of this natively, either via my computer or my 928.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb