Location settings

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to know how many of my fellow wp8 users use the location settings on their phone. Do you leave it off until you need it, or do you leave it on all the time?

I usually only turn location on when I need it for gps or local searches, and I do that to save batter life. But how much battery life am I saving exactly? Does leaving the location on really make that much of a difference?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey man I'm like you. Personally I only ever turn location on when I need it otherwise it will drain the battery (I don't think by much, but I'll save what I can). I think the data connection itself is much more of a drain that something like WiFi or location - again all of which I tend to keep off until I need it. Doing this I've managed to make my phone last up to 4 days (turning off at night so.. 2 and a half or 3 of constant running).

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I now have it off, I was getting pretty severe battery drain until I turned it off. I could go from 5:00-9:00 and be down to 72%, and now its 5:00-9:00 and still sitting at 88-89% with the same usage.

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Good! Thanks for the responses. I was thinking that the location was battery draining, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Lol I never have to worry about misplacing my phone. It's always in my hand or my pocket. I've never lost one in my entire life.

I've never broken one either. But I can burn a battery like you wouldn't believe. (I charge my 8x almost three times a day). That's why, if I can save battery by turning off location, I want to :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb