email has stopped syncing (and can't delete it)

Brian C Stradale

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I setup my email account just fine (normal POP account).
Worked great for a couple months.
Then, for no apparent reason, it just stopped syncing... no error message, it just always retrieves nothing.
And I can still SEND mail... just can't receive any... so the basic account info is right.
I was hoping yesterday's update would fix things. No joy.

I have tried changing the settings back and forth to get it back working again. No joy.
I have tried adding the account again, but it won't let me because there already is an account with that address.
But I can't seem to find any way to delete the account... there is no delete command anywhere.

Very, VERY frustrating. Definitely the #1 biggest fail of Windows Phone 8.

Guidance?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I setup my email account just fine (normal POP account).
Worked great for a couple months.
Then, for no apparent reason, it just stopped syncing... no error message, it just always retrieves nothing.
And I can still SEND mail... just can't receive any... so the basic account info is right.
I was hoping yesterday's update would fix things. No joy.

I have tried changing the settings back and forth to get it back working again. No joy.
I have tried adding the account again, but it won't let me because there already is an account with that address.
But I can't seem to find any way to delete the account... there is no delete command anywhere.

Very, VERY frustrating. Definitely the #1 biggest fail of Windows Phone 8.

Guidance?

Biggest fail of Windows Phone 8 because you cannot setup your email? I always thought it was the lack of a Notification center.
Anyway, what email account are you setting up exactly? Its pretty straight forward and plainly basic. You had it working at one time so did something change on the server side? Did you enable that two step security thing? Did you move? Have you talked with AT&T, Verizon or T-Mo about your sim card and possibly re-provisioning your cell account? Something we may need to do from time to time. Have you paid your cell bill late? Details.

Brian C Stradale

May 19, 2013
Visit site
LOL... no, absolutely nothing has changed. Everything else connected to that POP mail still works without changes. And even the WP8 phone still SENDS mail through it just fine.

My guess is that WP8 mail has somehow got its state info that it uses to tell POP what to download screwed up somehow such that it always believes there's no new mail... perhaps it thinks its downloaded mail up through some date in 2015 and so POP is always saying "nope, no new mail after March 15, 2015".

Tall Steve

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So, ironically I came across this post when I was looking at something similar. It's IMAP in our case. No issues up until yesterday or so, when my linked inbox suddenly stopped showing everything that wasn't from my outlook.com account. All messages are still there when checked from other sources, and outbound messages are fine. I've separated out my inboxes to check them individually, but no such luck.

Jim_MAY

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday my Hotmail account stopped syncing on my HTC 8x. All my other email accounts are working fine. I'm able to send emails from live.com but not receive. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss