"back up sms" causing major email syncing issues?

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
so i turned on the "back up sms" option about 2 weeks ago. since then, my emails have had major syncing issues. either i get an error code 80072efd, or my email account settings say "not up to date" or is in constant "syncing."

i've read it's a bug with the back up sms option. can anybody confirm? i've turned off the back up sms, deleted and re-added my emails but the errors and syncing issues have returned.

i'm doing a full reset on my phone but it's been on the gears screen for over 4 hours now. WTF?

oh, i have an att 920.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think you are having a Data Plan or Wifi Program. I would reboot your phone and try it with wifi off, if you are still getting this error try it with Wifi On and make sure you are connected to your home wifi network.

I doubt that the Backup SMS option has anything to do with your email.

Cory Kincaid

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue with my Office 365 Exchange account not synchronizing periodically. When searching online I found a reference to some people solving the issue (momentarily at least) by turning on WiFi. That worked for me as well. As soon as I turn on WiFi, it synchronizes. And as soon as I turn it back off to go back to LTE, it stops. I've had the issue resolve itself after a reboot I believe but cannot recall as it has been several weeks. Any thoughts or inputs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro