Launcher 8

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Admins delete if inappropriate.

Hi all.

They say"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," and they imitate a lot on android.

I tried an app called launcher7 on my galaxy note and was very intrigued by it. Very few widgets
or live tiles worked but it was still very cool. It could do things like tile transparency with a live wall paper
background, and go into lanscape mode with the tiles rotating.

Now there are 2(!) launchers called launcher 8. They don't rotate like l7 did, but they have numerous rectangler tile options, e.g.
1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x1, 2x3, 2x4, 3x3, 4x4 etc. The tiles also fill the screen from edge to edge.

Anyhoo, I just bought a 920 and immediately noticed these differences. WP8 is definitely smoother with better animations,
but couldn't MS incorporate these other ideas into the original? Also, how about instead of a live tile, having a widget for playing
music without opening the app?

I really like the phone and wp8, but there's definite room for improvement.

What is up with the absence of any good music apps for playing local music?!
I need a separate app for searching and I can't make a playlist at all?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Admins delete if inappropriate.

Hi all.

They say"imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," and they imitate a lot on android.

I tried an app called launcher7 on my galaxy note and was very intrigued by it. Very few widgets
or live tiles worked but it was still very cool. It could do things like tile transparency with a live wall paper
background, and go into lanscape mode with the tiles rotating.

Now there are 2(!) launchers called launcher 8. They don't rotate like l7 did, but they have numerous rectangler tile options, e.g.
1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x1, 2x3, 2x4, 3x3, 4x4 etc. The tiles also fill the screen from edge to edge.

Anyhoo, I just bought a 920 and immediately noticed these differences. WP8 is definitely smoother with better animations,
but couldn't MS incorporate these other ideas into the original? Also, how about instead of a live tile, having a widget for playing
music without opening the app?

I really like the phone and wp8, but there's definite room for improvement.

What is up with the absence of any good music apps for playing local music?!
I need a separate app for searching and I can't make a playlist at all?

So you're saying that Android does WP8 better than WP8 does WP8? :wink:

A colleague of mine with an older Android phone uses a WP launcher (might be WP7; I'm not sure). He said his phone actually runs faster with it, and he likes the UI.

rcranium

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi TJP.

Well now... I wouldn't say that.... ;)

It has made a launcher that is more versatile than wp8. This has nothing to do with the OS itself, just the cover.

MS doesn't seem to care about the wp like launchers on android which surprises me. Hopefully, they'll
adopt some of these modifications to wp8, though I wouldn't count on it. I would really like a landscape mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos