My phone 'other" storage hits 5GB today :) *party*

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Was checking my storage settings this morning and I found that its almost 5GB ( 4.9) tbh and I wondered ... When Microsoft is going to do something about this? And what should I do..?
It hurts me a little inside to see this waste of space lol :).

And if I did the hard rest thing, will I loose all my data? Contacts and apps?

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Was checking my storage settings this morning and I found that its almost 5GB ( 4.9) tbh and I wondered ... When Microsoft is going to do something about this? And what should I do..?
It hurts me a little inside to see this waste of space lol :).

And if I did the hard rest thing, will I loose all my data? Contacts and apps?

What phone and carrier are you on? Check settings/ storage check, Swipe left and clear other storage. It is nokia update with 1308 and 1314 for ATT and Rogers.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What phone and carrier are you on? Check settings/ storage check, Swipe left and clear other storage. It is nokia update with 1308 and 1314 for ATT and Rogers.
I got a HTC 8X, unlocked version. And I got the latest software available.
Brings a point to me that the Storage Check feature should be available for other poor non-Nokia guys in the next update (GDR2).

Tracy Daken

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got a HTC 8X, unlocked version. And I got the latest software available.
Brings a point to me that the Storage Check feature should be available for other poor non-Nokia guys in the next update (GDR2).

I believe it is attached to GDR2. Or the OS. I have a Nokia, lol. So, I only know about that. Maybe a google search for Storage check for your carrier might bring something up?

And yes, if you do a hard reset, you lose all data. It is a fresh install. A soft reset won't fix the "Other" storage problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234