GIF in SMS

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you know if it is possible to receive a gif in an sms and have it be animated.
IOS can definitely do this however I am wondering if this functionality exist in WP8 (Lumia 920)

Thanks for your input!

LMKz

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you know if it is possible to receive a gif in an sms and have it be animated.
IOS can definitely do this however I am wondering if this functionality exist in WP8 (Lumia 920)

Thanks for your input!

Save to your Picture Library, then use this app to view.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
If you saved the gif through internet explorer, then yes you can send them over *MMS*. SMS doesn't support images.

Third party apps can only write jpgs to the picture library, so saving pictures is best done through internet explorer.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If you saved the gif through internet explorer, then yes you can send them over *MMS*. SMS doesn't support images.

Third party apps can only write jpgs to the picture library, so saving pictures is best done through internet explorer.

So if I bing a gif, open it, and save it (using the program in this topic), I can use it to send gifs?

saziz

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
You can save and view gifs in WM10, but I can't get them to send via MMS. :unhappy: That's the next step that needs to happen.

saziz

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I stand corrected. I just sent a gif via text message. I guess the other one I tried to send was incompatible, I don't know. So it does work, but you might run into gifs that just won't send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss