Resume music playback

gunpe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I got my L720 a couple of days ago and I like some features a lot. However, I have not found out a good way for listening to large audio files like lectures or audio books.

More specifically I have some downloaded lectures that I listen to in the car on my way to work. The mp3s tend to be longer than it takes for me to get there so I want to resume the playback the next day. Mostly I end up accidentally starting the playlist from the beginning.

Is there a way to resume playback where I left out?
Is there an app that solves my problem? Most podcast apps seem to require download of podcasts from the Internet. I got all my audio on my SD already.

Thanks!

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
There is a solution, a bit tricky though.
Name the audios as 1, 2, 3 etc., so they are all aligned perfectly (you don't hear lecture 10 and then lecture 13 and then lecture 1 etc.,), Makes sense?
Now lets say today is day 1 and you heard Some portion of lecture 5, now tomorrow you need to open music & videos and swipt to the history page, you'll see lecture 5 as the latest tile, tap that and adjust the time accordingly.

Am assuming you have nothing else except lectures.

if you have other things as well, make a playlist of lectures and select the appropriate lecture to resume.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This may seem odd, but let me know what you're thinking.

Try saving your audio files in video format with blank playback. Now these videos (basically audio file) will be remembered by the inbuilt-player from where you left.
So the next time you open the player, you can continue from where you left off.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
This may seem odd, but let me know what you're thinking.

Try saving your audio files in video format with blank playback. Now these videos (basically audio file) will be remembered by the inbuilt-player from where you left.
So the next time you open the player, you can continue from where you left off.

Now I am not sure if the OP plays the music on his car's speakers or someone else drives while he hears them?
If he used car's speakers am not sure how the video conversion will be played on the car speaker.

Won't it be an additional hassle to convert each mp3 to blank video too?

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I meant it for the playback in OP's 720.
Sometimes we've to do things in our way, when no other option exist.

satishn

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same need as the OP. Has any one found an app that can remember how much of the audio file was played/listened to and resume from that point the next time it is opened? A feature similar to book reader apps, they remember the last page that was read and will continue from there the next time the same book is opened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo