What happened to voice text reply?

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
On my Trophy I used to use the voice text reply feature all the time. The process would work like this:

Phone is connected over Bluetooth in car or whatever. Someone texts you. It asks if you want to read it. You say "yes" and it reads it. Then it asks if you want to Call, Reply, or "I'm done." If you say "Reply", you can vocally tell it your message, it asks confirmation it got it right, and it sends it.

Now with WP8 on my L920, the only options it gives me in the last step is asking if I want to call or "I'm done."

This was a major convenience feature and worked quite well. It was one of the few things I could show people that would really impress them. But I haven't seen anyone else complaining that it's missing either... so... anyone know if it's an option buried somewhere or something?

Thanks!

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's still there, you just need to do it manually once first to authorize the use of data for the voice recognition feature. Just go to send a text and hit the microphone button, authorize it, then next time you're in the car it will also give you the option to reply.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Aha! I also had to enable speech recognition service. Thank goodness I asked... Been driving me crazy for months! Thanks!!

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
On my Trophy I used to use the voice text reply feature all the time. The process would work like this:

Phone is connected over Bluetooth in car or whatever. Someone texts you. It asks if you want to read it. You say "yes" and it reads it. Then it asks if you want to Call, Reply, or "I'm done." If you say "Reply", you can vocally tell it your message, it asks confirmation it got it right, and it sends it.

Now with WP8 on my L920, the only options it gives me in the last step is asking if I want to call or "I'm done."

This was a major convenience feature and worked quite well. It was one of the few things I could show people that would really impress them. But I haven't seen anyone else complaining that it's missing either... so... anyone know if it's an option buried somewhere or something?

Thanks!

I had this exact issue on a friend's Lumia 521 eventho I enable speech accessibility. It only gave the call or done option. Next time, I see my friend, I'll try the fix.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
It's still there, you just need to do it manually once first to authorize the use of data for the voice recognition feature. Just go to send a text and hit the microphone button, authorize it, then next time you're in the car it will also give you the option to reply.

There's no mic button there....at the buttom there's only call or x button.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05