Limited edition Nokia phones on Verizon Wireless for father's day

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
thats a total Photo Shop gone bad...the verizon logo over the Windows Key on the front? No way Nokia or MS would allow that.
And the whole photo hast he red tint...not just the sides and buttons

I call major BS on this one.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Chill fellows, I thought it would have been clear that my post was in jest somewhere between the excessive Verizon ticks, multiple identical Instagram tiles, Comic Sans, bad tinting and WMPoweruser reference.

:)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Good evening folks,

If you are on the Verizon network and haven't picked up a 822, 928 or 8X. Verizon Wireless will bring two limited edition Nokias for "father's day".

Thanks a ton for the heads up, TC! I will set my calendar to buy my Nokia Lumia 928 on June 16th.

Can you let us know when you know what the special editions are?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Chill fellows, I thought it would have been clear that my post was in jest somewhere between the excessive Verizon ticks, multiple identical Instagram tiles, Comic Sans, bad tinting and WMPoweruser reference.

:)
I know someone who'd actually like that. She misses Instagram and the ugliness of her old phone, so that should do quite nicely.

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Assuming limited edition means either a red or cyan Lumia 928 (and I'd imagine blue since there's already been a red Lumia 822 and there's a blue Droid Razr M for the father's day promotion), then Verizon...

takemymoney.jpg

remindmyself

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Could be both red and cyan since he did say two :)
Possible, but I believe reading somewhere in another thread by Honestabebread that they would be releasing the cyan 822 and 928 together, and that's how I interpreted the 'two special edition lumias,' one 928 and one 822. I could be entirely wrong, and the more colors the better. The indecision in me hopes that it's just one so that I don't have to decide between the two!

Last edited:

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Possible, but I believe reading somewhere in another thread by Honestabebread that they would be releasing the cyan 822 and 928 together, and that's how I interpreted the 'two special edition lumias,' one 928 and one 822. I could be entirely wrong, and the more colors the better. The indecision in me hopes that it's just one so that I don't have to decide between the two!

I've always wanted a cyan lumia =)

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
When Verizon does these 'limited edition' phones how long are they generally in stores? My upgrade is June 30 and it'd be sweet to have the option for color.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ah, good timing. I ordered from Newegg last night, but cancelled this morning after I read this thread. Share any more news you have! Thank you!

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i'd like a blue or red one im waiting on the colors to come out then im going to add a line and get the phone and switch it to my main line with unlimited data.

pma

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I plan to keep my expectations in check. I don't know know where this rumor comes from, but this was actually posted on VZW on May 27:

"Two phones will be available in exclusive colors just in time for this year?s Father?s Day. The Droid Razr M by Motorola is free with a new two-year contract, and the Droid Razr HD by Motorola is only $99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate debit card, with a new two-year contract), both arriving in classic blue versions."
Link:
Father

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I plan to keep my expectations in check. I don't know know where this rumor comes from, but this was actually posted on VZW on May 27:

"Two phones will be available in exclusive colors just in time for this year?s Father?s Day. The Droid Razr M by Motorola is free with a new two-year contract, and the Droid Razr HD by Motorola is only $99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate debit card, with a new two-year contract), both arriving in classic blue versions."
Link:
Father

Yeah, but TC did specifically say two Nokia's. So we'll have to see.

My guess is both the 928 & 822 will be cyan. Though I'm hoping for the 928 to come in red as well.

Last edited:

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:
Verizon has delayed the limited edition Nokia devices per Microsoft and Nokia's request. Microsoft and Nokia have big plans for July.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:
Verizon has delayed the limited edition Nokia devices per Microsoft and Nokia's request. Microsoft and Nokia have big plans for July.

Yeah, so they're going to give ATT the EOS, and make us wait until then for color. Not quite the most fair thing to do......

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

Very disappointed. Somehow I'm with hopmedic and I doubt Verizon will have anything to do with those big plans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Come on! I broke down and ordered the 928 last week. The next morning you post this thread that limited editions are coming in 2 weeks! I cancel my order. Now a few days later the limited editions are delayed until some unknown date in July!

Ugh. I might just reorder the white 928.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon