Outlook.com and sync

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Guys, cant seem to find an answer, and no luck on Microsoft.com.

running outlook 2010 32 bit, HTC 8X, and I do have a current active gmail and outlook.com profile. I want to set up my outlook.com to pull from outlook 2010, and when I follow the steps as required by the connector, I get one of two things.
1) Connector cannot set up a folder in a web based application - this happens when I tell outlook to copy from 2010 to the specific calender I use on outlook.com
2) it sets up a new calender called 'calender1' and copies, but does not copy it to my outlook.com account.

Now, my wife deleted gmail sync, and so I am hoping that I can repair it, but if not, wouldn't mind going to outlook.com. I need to have outlook 2010 push calender events to either my gmail or outlook.com account, without changes I make affecting outlook 2010, and it used to do that before

Reason gmail isn't working is someone tried to hack it, and when I changed the password, forgot to do that on outlook, and the error messages that my wife wasn't telling me about annoyed her, so she deleted the files.

What am I doing wrong?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had some trouble with Outlook not pushing my calendar as well. What worked for me was hitting "Send/Receive All Folders". This made Outlook push the calendar up to my Outlook.com account.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I had some trouble with Outlook not pushing my calendar as well. What worked for me was hitting "Send/Receive All Folders". This made Outlook push the calendar up to my Outlook.com account.

My wife does that every time she opens Outlook, and that wasn't working. It all started when some hacker tried to access and the password was changed.

Can you desync the google mail from outlook? As in remove the gmail completely. Then re-add it?

Yea, thats the problem, she did that. Google says that if you remove it, you can't reinstall it (remember, they are cancelling support for sync), and you can no longer find the program. I found it finally at CNET, but haven't had a chance to try to see if I can reinstall it.

Was hoping to get away from Google, but so far no advice from MS.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So installed google sync, and it didn't work. Said it wont work with Outlook 2010 or above. So now wonder if anyone can help with the windows portion?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One best bet is to buy Outlook 2013 as it has outlook.com built in connector. Of course you will be looking at a bigger investment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2