Some security, privacy and general issues I hope you guys can help me out with.

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
My primary and most important concern with my L620 is Privacy and Security.

I heard a lot about WP8 being secure, and probably most of you could enlighten me (just give me a brief understanding) about it, since I feel HIGHLY insecure using it.

These are my primary issues. I cant hide/lock certain msgs within my inbox (something I was able to do on my Android via Gosms). This way i can never just hand over my phone to someone for making a call etc because they might venture into my private msgs. I have to clean ALL my msgs, in whatsapp etc just for that reason. Like a SIMPLE lock isnt available. :-/

The screen is also WAY to bright. Literally visible to anyone from a foot away. I have found a really idiotic way to circumvent that by choosing yellow, since it makes reading texts IMPOSSIBLE lol, but seriously, any other viable options?

I use rapdialer to make calls, since it is SO much better than the stock dialler :-/ BUT the call notifications show on the stock dialler, resulting in TWO phone tiles. -_-

The Toast notifications are also extremely annoying, ESPECIALLY when I get a text and it displays it (kinda the same thing as my text issue), I've never felt THIS paranoid using an android, EVER and I had a lousy HTC Explorer lol.

Also I love the whole live tile start screen, but most of them are utterly useless. Like I can only preview a msg on the wide tile, and not the mid tile? :-/ Even though there is ample space. Its really annoying having an insanely long list of tiles, should have different pages one can just swipe to, instead of scrolling down an endless page.

If someone can help me out with these things, I'd really appreciate it :smile:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the most helpful advice anyone can give you is to go back to Android. Reading over your post, it seems that Android fulfilled your desire for a sense of security, so why did you switch?

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
There are a ton of things I enjoy about wp8, thats not what I needed help with. That's why I posted, in case someone was able to give me suggestions here with regard to any of the issues I was having. Also wasn't a huge fan of Androids in general. The OS felt very sluggish, even on a mid ranged phone, so I wouldn't want to switch back, since I am quite content with Wp8. There are however these issues that I find quite irritating, so came here for some advice.

Reason for switching? Been a Nokia fan since always, so wanted to try out wp8. Also liked the whole wp8 concept over android.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa