empty junk?

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried searching but no luck.

anyone have any idea how to empty your junk folder in the hotmail native app?

I have gone months with over 1000 junk messages and it is finally really bugging me. Yes I can just sit there and select them one at a time and delete them, but seriously I am not, plus the fact then I will have to do it all again with the deleted folder. What happened to good old simple empty folder?

any help appreciated

thanks

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
anyone have any idea how to empty your junk folder in the hotmail native app?

I have gone months with over 1000 junk messages and it is finally really bugging me. Yes I can just sit there and select them one at a time and delete them, but seriously I am not, plus the fact then I will have to do it all again with the deleted folder. What happened to good old simple empty folder?

I don't think there is any way to easily do this from the phone app. Seems that there's no concept of 'Select All' in WP8 email app. Weird, because there is a Select All in the Messaging app!

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well that is odd. My husband and I both have 920s and as soon as there is anything in either the trash or junk folder the option comes up to "empty folder". It does not show if there is nothing in the folder but consistently appears as soon as something shows up. Don't have to select each one or anything like that it just empties the folder.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Well that is odd. My husband and I both have 920s and as soon as there is anything in either the trash or junk folder the option comes up to "empty folder". It does not show if there is nothing in the folder but consistently appears as soon as something shows up. Don't have to select each one or anything like that it just empties the folder.

You're right. I was looking for a Select All function, but when in the Trash folder at least (I don't have anything in Junk at the moment), you can go to ...>empty folder.

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else have that happen for them? Nothing has ever popped up to ask me that and I have a 920 also.

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
You're right. I was looking for a Select All function, but when in the Trash folder at least (I don't have anything in Junk at the moment), you can go to ...>empty folder.

Yeah in trash you can but that would mean I would have to select all of my junk messages individually (at 1626 right now) and move them to trash first. any normal method for that?

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I get the same option to empty folder in the "junk" folder that I have on my phone as well as for the trash folder. Yes once the junk folder gets emptied it then goes to the trash and you just have to once again empty the trash folder. There is the option to have to do each one individually, but at least for us, it is not necessary to.

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I still can't figure this emptying thing out. I know this is old but it still hasn't been resolved yet. The only thing I can think is that since I am still using a Hotmail account and not outlook that it is somehow limiting what I can do. Seems like a stretch but I am out of answers. The only way for me to lower the emails in my junk is to go to my computer, empty it, wait a minute, and wait for the junk folder to sync (works most of the time that way), but it doesn't seem right. I'm back up over 1000 in my junk.

tsnatcher

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I need to have it since my hotmail is my main email and I will get thousands of emails to it, but unfortunately MS has randomly moved trusted senders to the junk box and I have to scan them frequently, which is fine as long as I can empty it once I am done, but obviously I can't do that.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I use an outlook.com email and I don't have an empty folder option, either, for my junk folder. It's there for my trash folder, but not for junk.

Last edited:

rsantostuitter

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I had same problem. The work around was " don't sync this folder " option first. Then " sync this folder " again. That cleaned up the Junk folder in Windows Phone 8.1 - HTC One M8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb