Nokia Music Subscription Question

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
i got a used nokia lumia 520 2 months back from a local store for 100$ :D

problem is that i am unable to access nokia music as the nokia account has been tied to previous users email id along with phones IMEI no

Nokia care says they cant transfer it to my account and there is no way i can contact previous owner

is there any alternative ??

Last edited by a moderator:

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: nokia music subscription !!

problem is that i am unable to access nokia music as the nokia account has been tied to previous users email id along with phones IMEI no

Nokia care says they cant transfer it to my account and there is no way i can contact previous owner

is there any alternative ??

I'm not sure why the phone would be tied to a particular Nokia account. I'm assuming you've already done a factory reset on the phone when you bought it, but if not, go to Settings>About>Reset my phone. This will wipe all data from the phone as reset it to initial conditions. You should be able to create a new Nokia account for yourself and when you set up the phone.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why the phone would be tied to a particular Nokia account. I'm assuming you've already done a factory reset on the phone when you bought it, but if not, go to Settings>About>Reset my phone. This will wipe all data from the phone as reset it to initial conditions. You should be able to create a new Nokia account for yourself and when you set up the phone.

I tried what you mentioned long before..Nokia says every phone's IMEI number is tied up with the email with which we first long on to our phone:(

I am able to create a new nokia id but cant access music..phone gives an error saying "phone is already registerd for unlimited subscription"

What a stupid move by nokia:(

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

How did you manage to get it transfered?? Nokia care is responding like its a one time registration and you can only have the subscription with the first registered nokia account!! Sounds really stupid though!!:/

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site

How did you manage to get it transfered?? Nokia care is responding like its a one time registration and you can only have the subscription with the first registered nokia account!! Sounds really stupid though!!:/

I called them about 6 times and asked them to transfer the id or atleast send me a password resetting link to which they agreed.

I recently purchased a month old 820 and called them up again..this time they just changed my nokia mail id...so now i have 10 months music subscription on it :)

sent from my Nokia Lumia 820

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
oh.. Can you share the number please?? They are responding to my mails saying its a one time registration and they cant do anything. And the most annoying part is, in every mail they keep saying again and again to use the 1st nokia account registered on the phone..!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa