Gaming related quad core's needed -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay so if you here say this is not needed then u only bluffing yourself im not talking about the os(wp doesnt need it) but with the crazy rise of mobile games were gona need it if ofc u like playing pacman for the rest of ur life thts up to u, but the rest like me love playing those new games :D

It seems even Nokia EOS wont have these new hardware because of the testing of att ( just rumor i dont trust it by the way ) but if eos does come and its still with duel core then ms should really start thinking about their future -_-

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll be the first to jump to the defense of whoever makes the decision on how many cores a Windows Phone needs. And to be blunt at this moment in time dual core is more than enough. What you need to understand is that apps and games need to be specially coded to utilise all four cores of a quad core CPU but most (if any at all) are not. Ask yourself the question, "when was the last time my Windows Phone slowed down and showed signs of lag?". I think you'll find the answer is was "never" or "I can't remember".

This tells us what we need to know about multi cored processors and that they are largely a marketing ploy to make us think that the more cores the better, which can be true under the right circumstances but on a Windows Phone it isn't necessary.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'll be the first to jump to the defense of whoever makes the decision on how many cores a Windows Phone needs. And to be blunt at this moment in time dual core is more than enough. What you need to understand is that apps and games need to be specially coded to utilise all four cores of a quad core CPU but most (if any at all) are not. Ask yourself the question, "when was the last time my Windows Phone slowed down and showed signs of lag?". I think you'll find the answer is was "never" or "I can't remember".

This tells us what we need to know about multi cored processors and that they are largely a marketing ploy to make us think that the more cores the better, which can be true under the right circumstances but on a Windows Phone it isn't necessary.

I can see you didn't read my comment im talking about gaming not the os as i said wp doesn't need it but games are changing rapidly 2014 may be the year for quad core gaming we wouldn't even know our os is fast but gaming is on another level wp cant to anything else to improve tht so at the end of the day its just like a pc cant play tht so buy new hardware do u get me now -.- ?

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Having a better GPU will probably be better than having a better CPU. Of course it really depends on what the new games will demand. Everything that is better is welcomed of course!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I can see you didn't read my comment im talking about gaming not the os as i said wp doesn't need it but games are changing rapidly 2014 may be the year for quad core gaming we wouldn't even know our os is fast but gaming is on another level wp cant to anything else to improve tht so at the end of the day its just like a pc cant play tht so buy new hardware do u get me now -.- ?

I understood you perfectly which is why I stated that apps and games have to specifically coded to take advantage of quad core chips in my original reply. Are there even any games that require a quad core CPU to run on a mobile phone? If there are, they are few and far between. I also stated that multi core processors for mobile phones are mostly for marketing purposes and having more than two cores isn't necessarily needed.

I'll also say that we are talking about a mobile phone here and not a gaming console so Microsoft need to sort out some basic things first rather than turning the phones into a handheld equivalent of an Xbox.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to run Crysis on my phone too :) .... /s
I don't know about you, but I want to keep real games to desktops or maybe tablets.

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I understood you perfectly which is why I stated that apps and games have to specifically coded to take advantage of quad core chips in my original reply. Are there even any games that require a quad core CPU to run on a mobile phone? If there are, they are few and far between. I also stated that multi core processors for mobile phones are mostly for marketing purposes and having more than two cores isn't necessarily needed.

I'll also say that we are talking about a mobile phone here and not a gaming console so Microsoft need to sort out some basic things first rather than turning the phones into a handheld equivalent of an Xbox.

yes but still we need the option we've seen how games requirements change instantly so ya but yes were still cool for now but remember most of the people have already bought a smartphone with quad core thts wat worries me :/

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
What we need is better power management on hardware, I played Aces of Lufwaffe, Drag Racing for like 30-45 minutes on my 920
and my battery drain from 93% - 69%, WTH! I only experience this while on gaming my average battery life is 12-16 hours on normal usage.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Why do you always think more cores = better gaming? A better GPU would help much more, there would be no use of a quadcore in a current Windows Phone..

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
yes but still we need the option we've seen how games requirements change instantly so ya but yes were still cool for now but remember most of the people have already bought a smartphone with quad core thts wat worries me :/
What game uses four cores on a phone? Is there any? And most people do not own a phone with four cores. Not every android owner has a quad core phone. Besides that, optimization is important. It will be no use having four cores if they are not utilised.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
lool a little far ahead,well at least alot of the games are mostly for duel core but tht could change any day now xD
So what are you trying to say here, then? That technology moves forward and in future, software will take advantage of more powerful hardware? Yeah... who would have guessed. I'm sorry to say this, but these kinds of threads are based on a lack of thought and searching. There have already been plenty of discussions regarding this topic.

Look at the PC industry for a (generally) good example. Games run on average laptops, they also can have neat graphics on gaming PCs.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My desktop PC is still only a dual core machine but is still capable of running fairly modern games because the GFX card does most of the work. Remember also that WP 8 is already capable of supporting multi core processors up to 64 cores so I expect that new devices launching later this year or early next year may very well have quad core CPU's and better GPU's (hopefully)

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My desktop PC is still only a dual core machine but is still capable of running fairly modern games because the GFX card does most of the work. Remember also that WP 8 is already capable of supporting multi core processors up to 64 cores so I expect that new devices launching later this year or early next year may very well have quad core CPU's and better GPU's (hopefully)

refer to new thread

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
So what are you trying to say here, then? That technology moves forward and in future, software will take advantage of more powerful hardware? Yeah... who would have guessed. I'm sorry to say this, but these kinds of threads are based on a lack of thought and searching. There have already been plenty of discussions regarding this topic.

Look at the PC industry for a (generally) good example. Games run on average laptops, they also can have neat graphics on gaming PCs.

refer to new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos