Whatsapp update coming in 9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs9

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not according to its WP Store page.
I'm eager to get the updated version, as my 920's battery can hold up from 6:30 in the morning to 11 PM on regular use (and I'm no light user) if I don't use WA. It won't last six hours using WA, though. Talk about an inefficient piece of software.

Any word on notifications? It keeps up turning my screen on to show toast notifications. I have a chat group with friends that can be talkative sometimes, that helps to drain the battery also.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
You can shut down group notifications in the current version
select the group, pull up the 3 dots, go to group info, under mute select how long you want to shut down notifications for, the max is one week, unfortunately can't do a permanent shut down
hope so. The group notification is driving me crazy, I need to shut them down!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had two wp7 devices focus s and lumia 900. whatsapp was never a battery drain on those phones so i didnt care about the audio API

when i got the 920, it was a different story, little chatting would drain 10% easily and then it wouldn't stop. Throw in the notification delay issues im thinking is continuing to try and retrieve messages. Sometimes id go in to check new messages and it wouldnt show, had to close out a few times to get it to show. I hope they fix this issue,

Phani Chandra1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I could turn off notifications for Whatsapp in iOS. One one One Conversations and Group ones too.. Hopefully they get it to WP8.

All the toast notifications are battery hogs.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
You can shut down group notifications in the current version
select the group, pull up the 3 dots, go to group info, under mute select how long you want to shut down notifications for, the max is one week, unfortunately can't do a permanent shut down

Mute doesn't prevent app to get msg. it just mute that group's notification sound.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Mute prevents the sound, the vibration and the toast notifications as well as live tile count for the muted group. If you want to not get messages at all, why bother staying in the group?
Mute doesn't prevent app to get msg. it just mute that group's notification sound.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte