I have six months worth (thousands) of texts with my friend. I deleted one of those automated texts from AT&T about my account but (oops) I held my finger down on the wrong thread and deleted the conversations with my friend instead.

There are lots of photos, links, phone numbers and more in that thread. Is there any way to undelete or recover them? Aargh.

I am a programmer, technical and can try advanced solutions. Possibly do the messages get saved on the sim card? Is there a registry entry or perhaps messages dont get overwritten until more space is actually needed on disk?

Help! :/
    06-03-2013 09:21 AM
    My only thought is to check your Microsoft mailbox to see if they're still there. I don't know if deleting them from the phone will delete them from your mailbox. And of course, this depends on you having text backup turned on, which I think is default. Since I'm at work and can't access my microsoft account from here, I can't tell you exactly what folder they're in, but I'm thinking it's Messaging or something like that.
    06-03-2013 10:12 AM
    I have six months worth (thousands) of texts with my friend. I deleted one of those automated texts from AT&T about my account but (oops) I held my finger down on the wrong thread and deleted the conversations with my friend instead.

There are lots of photos, links, phone numbers and more in that thread. Is there any way to undelete or recover them? Aargh.

I am a programmer, technical and can try advanced solutions. Possibly do the messages get saved on the sim card? Is there a registry entry or perhaps messages dont get overwritten until more space is actually needed on disk?

Help! :/
    Unfortunately, this is not phone-dependent, as it is carrier-dependent. IMPORTANT STEP!! Go to settings, and tap "backup" and see when is the last backup. If its before you deleted the thread, um.. *coughfactoryresetyourdevicecough* and on startup, setup your device with the same email, and it will automatically ask if you want to restore your backup. Tap "yes". Your messages, contacts, call logs, social networks will all be restored like as though you never reset your device. Some apps may run into problems re-installing, but you can easily reinstall them.
    06-03-2013 10:12 AM