Lumia 620 shell #Fail

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had my lumia a few weeks love the phone itself but the epic fail is the shell its such a bad build and stupidly made especially the power button as it likes to become stuck! Nokia should never make these shell type covers they are a joke and seem cheaply made, I'm on the verge of selling my Nokia 620 to buy a better built Nokia. Anyone else having problems with the shell cover?

Last edited:

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've had my lumia a few weeks love the phone itself but the epic fail is the shell its such a bad build and stupidly made especially the power button as it likes to become stuck! Nokia should never make these shell type covers they are a joke and seem cheaply made, I'm on the verge of selling my Nokia 620 to by a better build quality Nokia. Anyone else having problems with the shell cover?

on my 820, they've never made a problem.. I change them pretty often (especially the SD card) and it still works like in the beginning

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I guess you get what you pay for your 820 is much dearer so the build quality should be much better, But my 620 is driving me made its not even the phone is the stupid shell case its clunked into! :(

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I've had my lumia a few weeks love the phone itself but the epic fail is the shell its such a bad build and stupidly made especially the power button as it likes to become stuck! Nokia should never make these shell type covers they are a joke and seem cheaply made, I'm on the verge of selling my Nokia 620 to buy a better built Nokia. Anyone else having problems with the shell cover?

This does not sound like a general issue with Lumia 620 shells. I believe you must have a dud unit and should have it replaced under warranty.

Personally, I think the phone is very well made for the price. It's survived almost three months with my 16 year old daughter without a scratch - so that's a big plus for build quality.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As much as i love it i think I'm going to have to bring it back haven't even had it 2weeks & I'm having problems with it, freezing/hanging a lot, dead pixels, power button is sticking & rebooting itself for no reason :( i think I've been dealt with a dud/faulty 620!

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain what exactly what dead pixels are? The left side, top of phone and right side of my Lumia looks like its lost colour for this having clear black the black at the places i mentioned you can clearly see a lost of colour mainly the bold black :/ (is that dead pixels)

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain what exactly what dead pixels are? The left side, top of phone and right side of my Lumia looks like its lost colour for this having clear black the black at the places i mentioned you can clearly see a lost of colour mainly the bold black :/ (is that dead pixels)
If you are in a place with plenty of sun your phone will try to make the screen readable. This is an option which you can turn off in your settings -> display+touch->sunlight readability. A dead pixel is different. You will see a spot on your phone's display which can be either yellow, blue or even white. The colour does not matter. It will be there all the time and there is no way you can remove it. That is a dead pixel.
Dead_pixel.jpg

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are in a place with plenty of sun your phone will try to make the screen readable. This is an option which you can turn off in your settings -> display+touch->sunlight readability. A dead pixel is different. You will see a spot on your phone's display which can be either yellow, blue or even white. The colour does not matter. It will be there all the time and there is no way you can remove it. That is a dead pixel.
View attachment 35271

Lol that's great thanks for breaking it down for me, Ill try what you said thanks for the info ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss