An assortment of stupid questions since I cannot use Zune for WP8

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues figuring out Zune with my Lumia 710. Little did I know when we went to upgrade to 928s that Zune is currently unsupported...

So my wife just bought music from her Lumia 928 since through Zune it all appears in Microsoft Currency. I would assume this automatically syncs some how (when?), particularly if we are still using Zune (which we are for playing music). She then wanted to move some playlists to her phone- again, a super easy task with Zune/WP7. I already researched how to import her playlists from her beloved iTunes to Zune. I've spent the last hour+ trying to figure out how her songs sync with her computer and how to move playlists...I understand WMP is the way to go, however, there is no good way to move Zune playlists to WMP. I tried something with opening the files in Notepad and changing the header... 2/9 songs worked, the rest were broken links. I eventually just added them to the playlist by hand since there were so few. Her other playlists have high double-triple digit songs so this is not really an option.

Since I really do not feel like strip searching the internet any longer for solutions/answers, I figure I will ask this here where I know one person can answer all of my questions with their own knowledge and not having to look a single thing up.

1. Download music via phone. How do we get it to appear on my wife's Windows 7 PC? I'm assuming this works the same with my Windows 8 PC?
2. How do you create a playlist on an actual WP8 device (not in an app)?
3a. How can I use Zune to import playlists to a WP8 device? (All of her playlists are magically on her phone and neither of us know how, nor why)
3b. How can I import Zune playlists to WMP?
4. Is there a preferred method at present for music management on a music lovers WP8 device? (aka- constantly making changes).
5. How many virtual thank you's would you like for your assistance :)

Graven Pshya

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) I don't think music syncs like it does on the music app on Windows 8 than it does with Zune on Windows 7. Sorry.
2) Whenever you add individual songs (or albums) to now playing. Whenever you look at the song list in the 'now playing' playlist, there will be a save button at the bottom and you can save the current list as a new playlist.
3a) Under the settings in the Xbox Music app, you can set which libraries it has access to. If you give it access to your playlist folder for Zune. You'll be able to sync them to your WP8 through Xbox Music.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. There are really so many, so many posts on this topic! (I just don't think we need, yet another one.). Admittedly, many of the strings are very poor, on this topic. Probably due to a seemingly endless number of post streams, many of them are incomplete, confusing, and just don't get it right. Yet, there are a huge number of post streams.

Short story, MS disconnected the sync with the great and wonderful ZUNE PC software with WP8 and in doing so, "broke" many features (syncing album art, DRM music, play lists, and caused duplicate songs listings, DRM music replacing owned music, and more.)

The popular answer, use WMP is the best "incomplete" answer I've seen.

The real solution is for MS to give us, once again, the functionality of the great, wonderful and amazing ZUNE PC software, once again. People are saying that MS will fix this.

Best wishes, and happy reading.

Last edited:

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow. There are really so many, so many posts on this topic! (I just don't think we need, yet another one.). Admittedly, many of the strings are very poor, on this topic. Probably due to a seemingly endless number of post streams, many of them are incomplete, confusing, and just don't get it right. Yet, there are a huge number of post streams.

Kevin, I am sure you are right! Last night was a reminder as to why I don't want to go into IT as I'm currently in the midst of changing professions. I did not want to do another web search, forum search, etc. It is surprising with all the complaints that I didn't find something on the Microsoft help forum that was of any use. Most of those issues were with trying to still use Zune, which I know won't work... I would love for it to work though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss