MY Gripes with windows/Ativ s

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
just a few gripes about windows on the Ativ s, and the Ativ s.

firstly, where is the native speed dial ?, it should have been built in.

secondly, i can't find a way to access my call history during a phone call!! makes it hard to give out a phone number in your history log to the person you are talking to! ( i use this quite a bit with my job )

thirdly, i would like to see another 10 - 20% increase in earphone volume for voice calls! the load speaker option is too load to use cos the whole room would hear, but anybody breathing almost drowns out the volume on 10/10??

fourthly, no usefull file manager !! i want to add my own sounds to more than just ringtones, i want to have my own sounds in text alerts and also different sounds for callender alerts and email alerts, ( not that you get much of an alert anyway??? ) this one sound fits all for alerts is very poor! i much prefered symbian where any sound from any folder could be used for any alert. how hard can it be??? even android lets you customize the noises.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Use RAP Dialer, it is a really good app which can help with what you need

To answer your second point, it is possible .. when you are on a call just press the backbutton and you will have access to Call history ( too simple mate, c'mon)

You are using Samsung device , Nokia's earpieces and speakers are too good. You are stuck with it and might have to deal with it.

NO File manager that I know of on Windows phone yet. For custom ringtones and others I remember there used to be a way , Google it. I don't know if it still works

locoworks

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
cheers crash1989, the back button eh?? i'll try that next time i get a call. the ringtone thing is easy, but it is the notification sound for an sms i want to change to one of my own not a ringtone.

Pete fin

May 6, 2013
Visit site
cheers crash1989, the back button eh?? i'll try that next time i get a call. the ringtone thing is easy, but it is the notification sound for an sms i want to change to one of my own not a ringtone.

It's not possible to have own notification sounds, only ringtones. Hopefully this will be changed in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans