Music on SD card showing as "other" type - not showing in music app. lumia 820

jamiefinney

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
my phone (lumia 820 - 8.0.10211.204) is driving me mad. no matter what i do i just can't get get music on to the phone (sd card).
I've tried 2 sd cards - both of which have previously been used on the phone without issue.

if i copy music onto the cards (formatted using the phone) then they don't show up in my music app library on the phone.
I i go to the settings page for the SD card it tells me music + video is 0kb but my "other" is 20gb - this is all my music i want on the phone.

how do i make the phone see the content?

i've also tried transfering the music using both the "metro" and desktop apps on a windows 8 machine.

have also tried coping music with an sd card adaptor straight into a laptop and using USB straight to the phone.

any ideas - don't really want to have to do a hard reset :(

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't get why it's not working when syncing music from the metro/desktop app. Might want to check the format like above poster mentioned
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

jamiefinney

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your replies.

Music a combination of unprotected .mp3 and .wma
all this music has previously been on the phone card and played - though i had lots of duplicate tracks (one file on the card shown as 2-5 songs on the music hub hence wanting to format the card and start again). but now nothing is showing.

Copied into the sd card\music folder

Last edited:

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, and just posted a similar question. I've tried everything my knowledge allows with the exception of wiping my phone and trying it on a fresh install. My phone is only a few weeks old so I doubt it would be the issue. Hope Microsoft can fix this disaster known as Xbox Music.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Board Express

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my RM-937. It was working fine, then I ran into an issue where artists would disappear even though the songs were still in my library. So I reformatted the card and synced it with WMP and now my music just shows up as "other" on the SD card, I've also tried syncing with the WP Desktop app and it didn't work either. Has anyone figured out a solution for this?

Last edited:

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I has similar issue.... even songs copied onto phone memory were being showed in others and music app was exiting while trying to play it.
Hard reset did trick for me.. So far its working...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire