Is there any app or feature in WP8 similar to Airdrop in iOS7 ?

Sam_muel

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Recently announced iOS7 features enhance many sharing feature, such as Airdrop, Photo & Video share with comment like Facebook, etc. Is there any in WP8?

Sam_muel

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand that Office 365 function is more powerful that require subscription.
However, the Airdrop function is for simple, quick, free, and wide spread sharing of files.

Sam_muel

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
That should be the way. I can't exactly comment. Only that in the real case, I and my friends prefered to just share file by email for quick sharing even thou we both have dropbox account and smartphone. It means that to the end it's depend on the user interface and ease of use of the sharing function of each app or service for mobile computing.
For NFC sharing it require users to have NFC Phone. And cloud service like Dropbox or Skydrive require user to have a ready cloud account and fast data connection.
Again, I can't comment on PhotoBeamer and JoikuShare yet. I will take a look at it.

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
In all fairness, saying that not all phones have NFC is just the same as saying that every device bar the 'idevices' doesn't have Airdrop. The only reliable way to share anything cross platform and service free remains to be email.

EDIT

On reflection, SkyDrive has a public sharing option where you can still share files with non SkyDrive users. That might be worth a try.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa