New to WP8, few questions

Razon

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a red Nokia Lumia 820, loving the phone, but I have some questions.

1. Why is it that when I have the earphones plugged in (great sound quality by the way) and I get a message, the phone rings not the earphones?
2. Can I download files from SkyDrive (music etc.)?
3. The music player is very chaotic, still getting used to it. How can I get full sized album or band images on the lockscreen or in the app when a certain song is playing? Most of the time it's grey, sometimes I get a little square picture.
4. Where can I set the size of the photos (megapixel)?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
1. Probably just a WP thing
2. You can download any file from Skydrive that is compatible with the phone - Office, video, music, PDF (if installed)
3. Use the MPAtool app works like a dream. Also to show artist on lockscreen go Settings -> lockscreen -> show artists while playing ON
4. Easiest thing to do is use the USB connector and connect to a computer and look at the images that way

Razon

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Yeah I guess I'll just have to deal with it
2. I know I can download those, but no mp3 music?
3. Thanks, great app, does it perfectly
4. I meant setting the camera to capture at 5Mpix instead of 8 or something like that, to save space.

teebomus

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, that is not adjustable. At least on my old Trophy and current 822. Someone else will chime in if I have missed it.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are the headphones you're using have a MIC? My Bluetooth headphones ring in my ear, not in my phone. But they have a MIC... Could that be it?

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Related to no. 4, you can't, for now.

What I use is Lomogram. It allows me to open photos and save them to low resolution (1024x575), medium or high. Haven't tried the last two, so I don't know their resolution.

That way, I can take pictures, select some of the best, save them into lower resolution, and upload to Facebook with reasonable speed (hey, third world country internet speed here..), on the go.

Cheers..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
1. Yeah I guess I'll just have to deal with it
2. I know I can download those, but no mp3 music?
3. Thanks, great app, does it perfectly
4. I meant setting the camera to capture at 5Mpix instead of 8 or something like that, to save space.

With No.2 I wasn't aware of not being able to download mp3s. I thought that was allowed. Strange.

Apologies for No.4 I must have read it quickly. There are several camera apps that have advance functions which have free trials. Take a look at ProShot. I have to admit it is a bit odd that there isn't different resolution settings. Maybe the Smart Camera update will add this function.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
#4 Press the three dots in camera mode and change the resolution ...
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
referring to #1, I use my headphones all the time while working out and when I get a message it sounds in my ear and not on the phone. Must not be a WP8 thing but more a Nokia issue.

Razon

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for the help, a few other problems:

1. The built in messenger app for SMS and facebook chat doesn't seem to update incoming messages from facebook. SMS works fine, I can send messages via facebook chat (confirmed by recipient) but not receive them, what may be the problem?
2. Skype doesn't work with 2G internet, any way to fix this?
3. Skype ALWAYS shows Online status, even if I turn off my internet and the app, even if I log out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys for the help, a few other problems:

1. The built in messenger app for SMS and facebook chat doesn't seem to update incoming messages from facebook. SMS works fine, I can send messages via facebook chat (confirmed by recipient) but not receive them, what may be the problem?
2. Skype doesn't work with 2G internet, any way to fix this?
3. Skype ALWAYS shows Online status, even if I turn off my internet and the app, even if I log out.

That all sounds like app/connection issues. You should try doing a search of the forum and see if anything comes up. There are many things like this on the forum that are either already answered or have no solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa