Store stopped working after switching to MVNO (AIrvoice)

Michael1984a

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I originally bought my HTC 8x from a Microsoft Store, locked to T-mobile. I used it with a T-mobile pre-paid contract for a while and after a few months T-mobile gave me an unlock code, so I moved on to Airvoice Wireless, an AT&T backed MVNO. Unfortunately, I noticed now that the phone cannot receive updates to my existing apps anymore, nor can it download new ones. The store displays updates and new apps but when trying to download them, an error message pops up ("There is a problem completing your request. Try again later. Error code: 8000ffff"").

Is this a known problem and can it be fixed without changing back to a T-mobile contract?

Thanks!

Michael

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I originally bought my HTC 8x from a Microsoft Store, locked to T-mobile. I used it with a T-mobile pre-paid contract for a while and after a few months T-mobile gave me an unlock code, so I moved on to Airvoice Wireless, an AT&T backed MVNO. Unfortunately, I noticed now that the phone cannot receive updates to my existing apps anymore, nor can it download new ones. The store displays updates and new apps but when trying to download them, an error message pops up ("There is a problem completing your request. Try again later. Error code: 8000ffff"").

Is this a known problem and can it be fixed without changing back to a T-mobile contract?

Thanks!

Michael

Are you continuing to use your same live id @ the Windows store? I suspect you will need to log onto your computer and go to your Windows account and get with a rep on who you are and you are the same person from T-Mo with that phone. Your log in is NOT the only thing that security looks at when it comes to protecting your account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster