Help with WP8/Xbox

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently converted my 3rd family member to windows phone 8 but atm their is a slight issue in regards to syncing the phone to the xbox.

My cousin registered his gamer tag under a gmail account so when Microsoft ask to put in your Microsoft what do you do?

I've tried an failed got the xbox to sync but then wasn't able to download any apps. An then vice versa setup under a Microsoft live account was able to download apps but wasn't able to sync my cousins xbox gamer tag only for xbox to give me a new one with the new live email account.

Can someone help its driving me mad the wp8 isn't synced as perfect as mine lol

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
You will have do do a hard reset of the phone to get it back to the start. Since he already setup a microsoft account with his gmail account, use that one when you setup the phone. It sounds like it is not syncing to his xbox because you are using to different Microsoft accounts.

You don't have to have a hotmail or outlook or live email address to have a Microsoft account. You can use any email as a Microsoft account, as your cousin did with his gmail account.

Another option is to change the Microsoft account associated with his xbox to whatever new Microsoft acount you created and used on his phone.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You will have do do a hard reset of the phone to get it back to the start. Since he already setup a microsoft account with his gmail account, use that one when you setup the phone. It sounds like it is not syncing to his xbox because you are using to different Microsoft accounts.

You don't have to have a hotmail or outlook or live email address to have a Microsoft account. You can use any email as a Microsoft account, as your cousin did with his gmail account.

Another option is to change the Microsoft account associated with his xbox to whatever new Microsoft acount you created and used on his phone.

So if i use his normal gmail account to setup the windows phone up after the reset (the email address that is synced with his xbox) it does work but then when doing that it doesn't let him download apps? So basically what happens is that he has xbox live on his phone showing his avatar etc but doesn't allow app downloads because its not a Microsoft address, either I'm explaining it wrong or someone needs to break it down in simple terms lol

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Double check his Gmail Microsoft account online as it might be setup as a child/minor account.

https://login.live.com/

Check the birthday. Of the account thinks he is a minor I don't think he can buy apps.

Sorry, I am in the car. I can't look up all the details right now.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Double check his Gmail Microsoft account online as it might be setup as a child/minor account.

https://login.live.com/

Check the birthday. Of the account thinks he is a minor I don't think he can buy apps.

Sorry, I am in the car. I can't look up all the details right now.

Thanks dude i think that's were the problem might be he's 10 and rocking a 520 lol. Ill give it a look on the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb