Got an email back from Samsung

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Email I received from Samsung as I inquired about the Ativ S that I've been waiting for from Sprint.

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your E-Mail, we understand you want to know the release date of ATIV S device through Sprint Carrier.

We understand your requirement but we are sorry to inform you that, we do not have information on when the device will be available. We are unable to speculate when the device might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. However, once the device is released, it will be notified on the Samsung web site and you can purchase through the Carrier. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to write back to us if you have any queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Samsung values you as a customer and want to ensure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern. "

I'm happy they responded back, but doesn't sound like its going to be any time soon for that phone. Looks like it's just the Tiara aka Arrive 2.0

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, this doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't even mean that Samsung isn't releasing something. When you write in to support like that, they pretty much either A) Don't know the answer, or B) Do know, but aren't allowed to provide you with any meaningful information.

So the answer you got is canned, really. Need additional proof? I wrote something similar to HTC asking about the Tiara and this is the response I got:

"I understand you are looking for information about the "HTC Tiara". I will be more than happy to advise.
Unfortunately, [We] do not receive advanced knowledge about possible future devices. I can only recommend you stay tuned to our media outlets on Facebook (facebook.com/htc), Twitter (twitter.com/htc) and our official blog (blog.htc.com) for more updates regarding device upgrades, and future devices. I do apologize I was unable to answer you questions. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!"

This doesn't mean HTC isn't releasing the "Tiara" on Sprint. It doesn't mean anything, in fact. So, hold on. Don't just assume Samsung isn't doing anything.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree. 99.999% of the time it's absolutely useless to contact support about these things. They are not going to give some random person asking when something is coming out an exclusive on that info. They will save it until they feel it is advantageous to reveal at that point, and then they will inform the media. Why would they tell you?

However, I can never blame a Sprint user for being angry. The easy answer is switch and never go back. I know I never will. Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are all much better options.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It is always funny whenever I read letters like this. No major company is going to tell anyone release dates that aren't public already. Then people always immediately go to the worst case scenario without anything concrete to back it up. Heck Summer just started today! I understand everyone's impatience, but don't let it get the best of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos