How to conveniently manage music and videos on WP8?

lovingfriendstar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to WP. I'm coming from iPhone and gonna get my new Lumia 920 coming Friday. There's quite some things I wanna know in advance so that I can prepare for my migration to WP (I'm excited!!! :smile:) So, as I've said I'm coming from iPhone, I have lots of things already set up on iTunes, including my tidy library that I've spent hours to make it feel perfect, playlists, videos and MVs. So far, what I know is that we have Windows Phone companion app that manages music and content on my Lumia. Does that app sync all my content in iTunes, including playlists?

I know drag and drop exists with WP8 but it's gonna be time consuming and boring task, as I have 1000+ songs in my library. I can't just imagine managing all those 1000+ trying to add them back to their respective playlists!

And I think I have seen somewhere an iTunes like interface for managing WP. It definitely looks like iTunes, separating phone contents into Apps, Photos, Videos, Music, etc. What's that app? Mac connector?

Lastly, I wanna know suggestions for how to manage content on my phone. I'm really into iTunes' way of "Add file to library, connect phone to PC, press Sync and everything's done automatically." Suggestions anyone? Which method do you find the most convenient?

Thanks in advance!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is effectively non existence library management on WP8. The native player is... just a player, nothing more.
You have to do everything on a computer before hand. And Ironically, WMP is somehow the best MS product to do the job.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
There is effectively non existence library management on WP8. The native player is... just a player, nothing more.
You have to do everything on a computer before hand. And Ironically, WMP is somehow the best MS product to do the job.

I think the sync app is actually able to do what he wants.

Once you have your phone: try the default media player, maybe you will like it, I personally prefer Nokia Music (make sure to get the latest update of it too ;) )

lovingfriendstar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Lost track of my own post that I didn't know that my post was answered. Thanks everybody! Now, I just use iTunes + WPApp for Desktop. It's perfect and does what I want, including metadata sync. Too bad lyrics don't appear like they did on my old iPod. Is there such an app that displays lyrics stored on song files (not downloading via internet, TTPod does that.)

BTW, my friends used to say WP sucks even without any of them having tried it before (yep... Propaganda of tech sites.) Now, I can just shut them up. How nice! Some of them are even considering to switch to WP. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss