Hello everyone im back for a new wrong of b**Ching.im currently using Lumia 920 #5. This unit is a "certified" refurbished att phone and so far has worked ok. I haven't noticed any bugs or problems with the phone except my apps font update. I just went through a bunch of my apps on the store and I literally have like 20 updates all dating back at least a week if not more . How do I force my phone to start updating on its own?
    06-16-2013 10:16 AM
    Make sure your account is setup with Microsoft on your phone. The updates should happen on its own. If it doesn't, its possibly an account sync problem
    06-16-2013 12:57 PM
    No sync problems in the email and account section. I just don't get the notification ont he store that I have updates.. I've hard reset the phone but im not doing a factory reset. I just got this clunker set up . Since November I've been through 5 phones and a billion resets.
    06-18-2013 01:48 PM
    If you use WiFi make sure it is not set to turn off when the screen locks or that you have some sort of data connection on, especially at night as the general consensus is that it only checks for app updates once a day.
    06-18-2013 02:53 PM
    Hello everyone im back for a new wrong of b**Ching.im currently using Lumia 920 #5. This unit is a "certified" refurbished att phone and so far has worked ok. I haven't noticed any bugs or problems with the phone except my apps font update. I just went through a bunch of my apps on the store and I literally have like 20 updates all dating back at least a week if not more . How do I force my phone to start updating on its own?
    Sometimes it can take up to a day or two before you will see updates. Think that this is a bug in the Windows Phone 8
    06-18-2013 03:14 PM
    Same thing happens to me. Haven't had an app update icon for weeks now. It sucks but least wp central lets me know when the main ones have an update so i just click on the download app link and it tell me an update is available
    06-18-2013 04:03 PM
    I've had it happen when I switch phones all the dang time. The solution that worked for me was to unpin the store from my home screen. Clear the IE cache. Reboot and then repin the store. It didn't happen right away but after a few hours or so BAM, new updates.
    06-18-2013 04:53 PM
    Thank you all. I spoke with winphonesupport on twitter and they had me do what tk-093 said.
    I have another billion updates to install when I get home :) once I did what tk listed and the phone rebooted I got all my updates
    06-18-2013 05:45 PM
    Check this:
    Settings > Find my phone - Select "Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)".

You should get the app updates whenever an app is updated in store.
    06-19-2013 06:11 AM
    I get updates regularly on my 920 with store notifications. They recently started coming several hours earlier than before between 9 and 10 when before it was generally between midnight and one. If I am up I generally check before I go to bed if not when I get up I check. I also check on the WPC app on my phone for updates that aren't in the store. With the Unification I get the wpc alerts regularly on new posts.
    06-19-2013 10:47 AM
    I've had it happen when I switch phones all the dang time. The solution that worked for me was to unpin the store from my home screen. Clear the IE cache. Reboot and then repin the store. It didn't happen right away but after a few hours or so BAM, new updates.
    I've been having the same problem lately. I've done what you said up there about 5 hours ago. Still no new app-updates for me (while I know there are a few updates available)...

Btw, with "Clear the IE cache", you mean "delete history" right? Because I don't see a specific option to delete cache.
    06-19-2013 05:47 PM
    Check this:
    Settings > Find my phone - Select "Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)".

You should get the app updates whenever an app is updated in store.
    That one worked for me. It was already selected though so I just unticked it for about 5 seconds and selected it again.

After about an hour, my store tile was showing new updates!
    06-19-2013 07:49 PM
    I've tried all suggestions in this thread, but nothing helped for me.
    I even left my phone on during the night which I normally don't do to see if I would maybe get the updates during the night, but that didn't do anything either.
    I really have no clue how to fix this problem. The automatic Store updates were working fine till about a week ago.
    06-21-2013 10:04 AM
    That's not that bad, plz. excuse my sarcasm. The less frequently you install updates, the smaller are chances for the Other storage to grow. It seems to grow with each update, because, it looks like Windows Phone 8 manages app updates the same way Windows 8 does on PC: it keeps ALL the versions of software ever installed up until you remove the app from the PC.
    06-21-2013 10:11 AM
    This should help

-Unpin the store tile from the start screen,
    -Clear IE cache /history,(open browser>...> settings> delete history)
    -Soft reset by pressing and holding the vol down and power buttons,
    -After phone reboots, pin the store live tile back to start screen.

As the phone connects to the update servers every day once, u need to figure out the time and be online @ the time.

Or u could follow this post http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/181553-66.htm"]Todays App Updates

Hope this works for others too, good luck!
    Last edited by anees_a; 06-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    06-21-2013 10:44 AM
    I've tried that. After resetting my phone that way (soft reset?) suddenly the date was 1 September 2012.
    Changed back to the right date and time again after the reset. Now I'm waiting for the updates to pop up. No luck so far.
    06-21-2013 03:20 PM
    I can confirm the fix on post #12 worked for me because since applying it, I've been receiving update notifications on my store tile everyday !!!
    06-22-2013 02:18 PM
    I've tried that as well. It's still not working for me though.

It's a shame we can't manually check for new updates in the Store like how we can check for updated maps for example.
    06-22-2013 04:01 PM
    Having same issue since hard reseted my lumia 620 2 weeks ago. I can't see the update until I reach to the app manually in store. I did everything as said above but yet I didn't received the latest Skype update. I had to download it manually. Firmware Version is 1030.6407.1308.0002
    07-10-2013 07:46 AM
    07-11-2013 09:25 AM