HELP: LUMIA 920/ Facebook Messenging

ChangingWays

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had the following problem? Because if so, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :/

MISSING REPLIES
The people who are online appear as they should... the messages I send them get to them but for some inexplicable reason, I don't see their replies. I have to on the nearest computer, log on FB to see what they've replied: the thread on my phone only shows my own replies.

Although sometimes, if I keep the conversation going via both computer / phone, the "missing "ballons" will appear. :/

MISSING NOTICES
The biggest problem resulting of this is that people online send me messages, starting a conversation that I never get on my phone--even though I appear online to them. So lots of frustrated "hello????". :/

I don't know what's causing this.

ONLINE/OFFLINE
Another thing, I always seem to have to be online on the actual Facebook page. If I put myself offline, the phone can't seem to contact to see which contacts are available. It's a bit annoying but can live with it if there's no other way.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
This problem is frequent and is annoying, last time the folks from winphonesupport on twitter helped me and find a solution but since last month the problem is here again, i dont care about facebook at all but is the way that people can communicate with me easily, this is the only issue that keeps me thinking in changing to ios or android and avoid this problems, and no, facebook bets is not a solution, that app sucks, and badly

ChangingWays

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This problem is frequent and is annoying, last time the folks from winphonesupport on twitter helped me and find a solution but since last month the problem is here again, i dont care about facebook at all but is the way that people can communicate with me easily, this is the only issue that keeps me thinking in changing to ios or android and avoid this problems, and no, facebook bets is not a solution, that app sucks, and badly

Can I ask what the solution you applied last time from winphonesupport was??

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This is a problem with their service, because facebook keeps updating the fb chat and MS servers are not on par with the modifications. Contact WinPhone on twitter, so that they know to fix the issue.
There is NOTHING you can do from your phone.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
about messages not arriving: try messengers like IM+ or ICQ and use their facebook chat functionality

the downside is that you will appear online all the time as in the default messaging app

I personally use JDB for Facebook, it isn't a real chat, but it has message notifications.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ha there is a trick you can try. When you know you are in a conversation with a person. Try to switch the messaging method between other services like messenger or text, and then back to fb. The reconnecting will somehow serve as a refresh purpose.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I dont know what they did, but one day they told to reboot the phone and see if the prpb?em was fixed, and the problem was fixed, i am waiting for a new answer, i cantacted them like 3 days ago again. You can look for the last convsersstion, i dont tweet a lot so it will be easy for you to fond me, look for francoenlanoche on twittee is my usrrname

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans