Accidentally deleted camera roll photos, how to recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnabs

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
One of my friend (!) accidentally deleted all of my camera roll photos from my Lumia 720

I tried to recover them with some File Recovery Software but as Windows Phone 8 connects via MTP, not via USB Mass Storage, the recovery can't be done :(

I googled the fact and noticed some forum with data recovery method, but only for android. If the Phone is rooted, you can make a dump (or something, i don't actually know what that is) of the entire phone and then mount that in a drive, making you enable to recover files from that.

Is there any process for Windows Phone 8 ?

I am seriously in need to recover those photos.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
One of my friend (!) accidentally deleted all of my camera roll photos from my Lumia 720

I tried to recover them with some File Recovery Software but as Windows Phone 8 connects via MTP, not via USB Mass Storage, the recovery can't be done :(

I googled the fact and noticed some forum with data recovery method, but only for android. If the Phone is rooted, you can make a dump (or something, i don't actually know what that is) of the entire phone and then mount that in a drive, making you enable to recover files from that.

Is there any process for Windows Phone 8 ?

I am seriously in need to recover those photos.

Hey man, sorry to hear :'( but if you happened to upload all those pictures on SkyDrive (even if it was automatic and you didn't know) that would be the solution! Just download the whole album off SkyDrive on your computer, then transfer all photos, via USB, to your phone's camera roll folder :) If you didn't get it backed up via SkyDrive... I don't know what else to do :(

cybodroid

May 27, 2013
Visit site
We don't have access to the file system so there's no real way of doing that. Maybe if you developer unlock or find a way to hack it somehow but I have no information on this.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Open the Camera Roll.
You cannot delete a photo in the Camera Roll or Photo Library and keep it in an album.
Photos in an album are simply a link to the photo in the Camera Roll (or in the Photo Library).
That's not true. My albums are separate folders I created. I regularly move photos out of Camera Roll into them, for categorization purposes.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you delete photos from the phone's main memory without them having been uploaded to SkyDrive/Flickr/whatever, or being copied off by any other means, then they're permanently gone.

You cannot recover them. Recovery software won't be able to restore them, there's no "undelete" feature, there's no trashcan, you can't reset your phone and have them magically restored.

Donna Phillips1

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
That EXACT same thing just happened to me. I made a folder within the camera roll folder, dropped my pics in all together...dragged the folder on to my desktop and then stupidly deleted it from my phone before checking that it had actually done as it said. I now have the first photo 17 times !!? :unhappy:

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Try syncing EVERYTHING from on the phone with your PC...when i synced my Lumia 920 to my Surface Pro 2, somehow it also managed to move OLD/Deleted pictures from my phone...so they could possibly be sitting somewhere in memory ("Other Storage"?)...plug in the lumia to a PC thats never seen your phone before and sync all. worth a shot what have you got to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes