Microsoft leave out WP8 yet again!

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Out of beta and free, Skype launches its video messaging service across all its major platforms expect WP8! Wtf! Hello Microsoft wee do exist yet iOS, Android etc get first dibs. Not happy.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just saw that on another site too. I love my 920 but sometimes I can't deny getting left out.

Video messaging is not important to me at all and I will probably never use it but it's just all about the attitude here it doesn't feel good for sure.

MS OWNS Skype, yet WP8 gets left out? I don't really care if they are developing it until it is baked into future WP8 updates. It would be great to have them now instead of iOS and Android stepping ahead first. I don't mind personally at all for the function but it puts a really bad impression on WP8 itself.

MS hasn't really addressed a real solution for the storage problem either for mid-end Phones with 8GB onboard storage.

Pity really, because it's such a brilliant OS.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just saw that on another site too. I love my 920 but sometimes I can't deny getting left out.

Video messaging is not important to me at all and I will probably never use it but it's just all about the attitude here it doesn't feel good for sure.

MS OWNS Skype, yet WP8 gets left out? I don't really care if they are developing it until it is baked into future WP8 updates. It would be great to have them now instead of iOS and Android stepping ahead first. I don't mind personally at all for the function but it puts a really bad impression on WP8 itself.

MS hasn't really addressed a real solution for the storage problem either for mid-end Phones with 8GB onboard storage.

Pity really, because it's such a brilliant OS.

I'm the same i would probably use it every now and again its just the fact WP8 hasn't got it first or even along with the rest of the operating systems that have.

Their is apps i know WP8 users yearn for some i would never use but to see them in the app store makes me happy as i know WP8 users who will use certain apps will get it so all round the platform wins. Microsoft hasn't been doing itself any favours lately! Needs to become more active with WP8! Give the platform what it needs to grow!

spacejovi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't really need video messaging, but , it kinda sucks being left out AGAIN. WP is like what, Jon Snow, who is not allowed to bear his father's name?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Kind of makes it silly now when people say google and other devs are unfairly ignoring WP when MS themselves seem to hardly acknowledge it.

vichuxxx

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh... Not again. We blamed Google for not building native apps for WP, now even MS not building apps for us. (i read posts telling MS paying ₹100k to developers for developing apps for WP. Such a non-sense. They're not even developing themselves on the first hand :()

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Another reason ive been reluctant to switch over from Android - how can I switch if they aren't even developing for their own platform first. I will say this - if the 41mp Pureview EOS Nokia is released on Verizon, I will change my mind regardless of apps - that thing is BadA$$

vdroide

May 23, 2013
Visit site
iOS and Android are among the most popular mobile platforms and one can argue their importance. But didn?t this app also come out for BBOS 10 or did I understand incorrectly. If such is the case, then MSFT must some stellar explanation.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Even BB10 - which just barely got its own Skype app - gets Skype video messaging support before Windows Phone? Really, Microsoft?

Microsoft owns Skype, and their own mobile platform doesn't support the latest Skype features?

I don't care what the reasoning is behind this, it is utterly ridiculous.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Even BB10 - which just barely got its own Skype app - gets Skype video messaging support before Windows Phone? Really, Microsoft?

Microsoft owns Skype, and their own mobile platform doesn't support the latest Skype features?

Didnt realise even BB10 got this feature. Definitely $8b well spent. /s

vichuxxx

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't **** Microsoft yet guys. Remember next week we have BUILD annual conference. They're saving this Skype feature update for that. Just got this information from my friend

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Yup. 100% ridiculous. I've already Tweeted them and left a comment on Skype's blog entry announcement. It is "under moderation". I urge all to speak up, so that we don't have to get an iPhone to get the best of Microsoft products.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe WP8 simply can't do it due to the way it's designed with the way it handles security for file storage etc? Which is pretty sad if that's the case.

Along with MS's decision to put Office on iOS (albeit requiring a subscription), I can't figure out if they actually stand behind WP8 as a viable product or not. These apps/functions should be exclusives, or at least offer much more on WP8 than on competing platforms, giving an incentive to buy a WP8 phone. Instead, it just gives one more reason not to. Bizarre.

diapers

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Somehow I'm not surprised. After all the bad xbox one publicity, they throw in this. I don't know what my next phone is doing to be, but I know for sure it won't be another windows phone.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Don't **** Microsoft yet guys. Remember next week we have BUILD annual conference. They're saving this Skype feature update for that. Just got this information from my friend

If that is the case, it's a stupid move on their part.

They should have released it to all platforms at the same time, or even released it to Windows Phone first. Their latest and greatest services should be available on their own devices before, or at least at the same time as other platforms.

Updating this feature on their own mobile platform a week later than their competition sends the wrong message to WP users and people thinking about making the jump to WP. Why get a Windows Phone when you can enjoy new MS products and services on your current device before Microsoft releases it to their own mobile platform?

I fully admit I don't even have a front-facing camera on my new Lumia 521, so I can't really make use of this feature anyway (unless I use a mirror), but it's the principle of the matter that really irks me. Is this the kind of idiocy I can expect in the future as a Windows Phone owner?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe WP8 simply can't do it due to the way it's designed with the way it handles security for file storage etc? Which is pretty sad if that's the case.

Along with MS's decision to put Office on iOS (albeit requiring a subscription), I can't figure out if they actually stand behind WP8 as a viable product or not. These apps/functions should be exclusives, or at least offer much more on WP8 than on competing platforms, giving an incentive to buy a WP8 phone. Instead, it just gives one more reason not to. Bizarre.

There was a dev conference a few years back (cant remember where) and some MS reps were demoing a feature and made a statement - "first and best on Windows". Since then though WP has always turned out to be last and have the worst implementation of several MS services. Very disappointing and frustrating as a WP owner.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I fully admit I don't even have a front-facing camera on my new Lumia 521, so I can't really make use of this feature anyway (unless I use a mirror), but it's the principle of the matter that really irks me. Is this the kind of idiocy I can expect in the future as a Windows Phone owner?
Video messaging is still useful on a phone without front-facing camera, since you don't need to look at anything while recording.

David Lolohea

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhhh I'm so raging right now -_- I mean come on ms you guys own Skype and we don't even get it first!?!?!?!?! This is really getting out of control..im thinking of switching already :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs