Is there a general assault on Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone products because "Android is Free"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Matthew

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Is there a general assault on Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone products because "Android is Free"

After Heuwi just announced that they want to buy Nokia and that they should give up Windows phone because it is slow to market I am screaming mad... As well, it should note heuwi just released a beautiful new Android phone that is the worlds thinnest smartphone that looks like the iphone except for the bottom. and I am saying to myself well holly crap if they released that for Windows it would be like the number 1 phone. Moreover, after I see what Samsung did with their windows phone after it NEVER came out I am thinking... my goodess I think these companies are doing this on purpose. I think these companies are purposely not releasing good Windows phone because they want the phone to fail and Android to win out because "It's Free."

Samsung has clearly been doing the same practice... Just go to your local best buy. They will try to sell you an Android product over Windows device because "It's lighter" and then they show you these weird apps that can edit a word document in the most archaic form.

Microsoft needs to WAKE Up and starting hitting the market hard with Windows devices. Nokia keeps making plastic crap and I am tired of it. Their design guy needs to be shot.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there a general assault on Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone products because "Android is F

Well your obviously trolling, either that or a moron. But sure, ill kick yo *** for a minute or two.

You saw a huwawei phone and thought that would be number 1 did you? Well, you are the only person in the world that thought that.

MS are "hitting the market" with wp devises, there is a Lumia in every price bracket.

Samsung have released windows phones, so your point of NEVER is moot. What's more, lack of Samsung wp devises is due to guess who? Samsung. Not MS.

Android is not "free" at all, you have to pay google for access to the store and google services and you have to pay MS to use it. It costs a fortune to do it properly.

Last point, MS are awake, you my slow witted friend are not. Skype is baked into the os and will get more and more features as the gdr patches and blue land.

What % of android devises currently run, or will eventually run the latest version of android. What % of wp8 phones run blue? All of them.

Schooled.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a general assault on Microsoft Windows and Windows Phone products because "Android is F

Just saying, I stopped reading after you said Skype was baked into the OS. I ignored your attempt to belittle the OP.

Sorry. The OP wanted to get something off his chest, and he didn't do any harm to anyone. So what's wrong with that? His opinion holds the same weight as anyone else here.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Did you not read his post? Or was it just mine you didn't read?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Ahh yea, i missed "being" from that. Its being baked into the os for the upcoming patches (so i believe).

I am however intruiged as to why his opinion is valid in calling for Nokia execs to be shot. Yet mine is not. If you could take the time to fully read this post before replying. That would be great.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

Android is free, just like every iota of the personal lives of the people who use it.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Ahh yea, i missed "being" from that. Its being baked into the os for the upcoming patches (so i believe).

I am however intruiged as to why his opinion is valid in calling for Nokia execs to be shot. Yet mine is not. If you could take the time to fully read this post before replying. That would be great.

Ok got you.

It's just a opinion my friend, we all have them. I'm certain he doesn't mean it literally.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Android is not free. You have to license patents from MS to use it. And you have to pay google to use the store and maps etc.

Its open source. That's not the same as free.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok got you.

It's just a opinion my friend, we all have them. I'm certain he doesn't mean it literally.

Yeah, i get what you mean. And i take your point. But to me his entire post seemed like a troll post, and i know were not supposed to feed the trolls lol. But i just fancied destroying his points, as to me they didn't make any sense.

WP has alot of wweaknesses, though his post didn't mention any of them.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

Android is free, just like every iota of the personal lives of the people who use it.

And you really believe MS is NOT collecting data from your Windows Phone, Bing, Outlook.com, etc. usage?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

This thread was not created with intention of a civil discussion. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss