Lumia battery not as good as other phones

ikhfa

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I hope that the new firmware from Microsoft would improve battery life for my Lumia 920. When you cannot replace your battery, you would say this ranks high on the issue list.

My Lumia can last probably 11 hours max on 4G. While some would say I should celebrate this, I need to point out that my Galaxy Note (now no longer used) lasted perhaps 16 hours, with a larger screen. My other current phone, BlackBerry Q10 lasts 24 hours or more, knowing that the screen estate is smaller. I measured all these with the same setup on every phone.

I can only say that the fault lies with the OS. Many would say that wanting to squeeze more juice out of the battery is asking for too much. Sadly, other phone OSes can go further. I believe this technology is plausible. I love my Lumia because it is visually stunning and I hope Microsoft will get their act right this time.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope that the new firmware from Microsoft would improve battery life for my Lumia 920. When you cannot replace your battery, you would say this ranks high on the issue list.

My Lumia can last probably 11 hours max on 4G. While some would say I should celebrate this, I need to point out that my Galaxy Note (now no longer used) lasted perhaps 16 hours, with a larger screen. My other current phone, BlackBerry Q10 lasts 24 hours or more, knowing that the screen estate is smaller. I measured all these with the same setup on every phone.

I can only say that the fault lies with the OS. Many would say that wanting to squeeze more juice out of the battery is asking for too much. Sadly, other phone OSes can go further. I believe this technology is plausible. I love my Lumia because it is visually stunning and I hope Microsoft will get their act right this time.

Stop trolling. You not very good at it.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Do a reset. My battery life was dross, but after a reset its incredible on everything but jetpack joyride.

Be aware that you may get the constant gears bug. So if you do don't dispair.

Just let the battery run down, put the charger cable in.

When the Nokia logo appears press VOL UP, VOL DOWN, POWER, VOL DOWN.

then hold VOL DOWN, POWER AND CAMERA KEY until it resets. The screen will go.black and then hold POWER AND VOL DOWN.

The phone will now reset and load back into setup.

Hopefully you wont get the gears, but its definatly worth doing. Your battery life will get lots better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett